Carter & Co

Is it just me, or is this story ready for some new characters? xD

Hope you enjoy this chapter

Clary and Aubrey on the side ----> or top ^^

_____________________

It was Sunday and I was spending my day at Clary’s. We had been watching Channing Tatum movies all day. Clary had this strange obsession with him that I couldn’t quite understand. But being this awesome friend I was, I would gladly suffer through a day with movies we had watched thousands of times before.

“Stop throwing popcorn at me!” Clary snapped at me. Okay, so maybe I didn’t do this gladly, but at least I did watch the movies with her.

I felt my phone vibrate signaling I had gotten a new text. “No phones as we watch Tatum!” Clary told me kicking me out of her bed. “Ompf” I mumbled scratching my head. I sat up forgetting Clary a minute as I read the text I had gotten. I didn’t recognize the number, but read it anyway. First I thought it was someone texting a wrong number, because this didn’t make any sense. How could he have gotten my number?

I just sat there on the floor slightly gaping at my phone. “You okay down there” I heard Clary ask me as she noticed I didn’t show any signs to get up. “What’s that?” The next moment I felt my phone being snatched away, but I couldn’t move. Clary read the text out loud;

“Meet me in the music room before lunch tomorrow,

I have someone you should meet

- Carter…”

“HOLY SHIT! HOW DID CARTER HAMILTON GET YOUR PHONE NUMBER?” And I seriously had no idea.

***

It was Monday morning and I was so tired I could barely move. These boys really messed with my sleeping schedule. Last night I couldn’t sleep. My brain held me up all night thinking about how Carter had gotten my phone number, and about beautifully Jordan.

Sighing in relief as I exited class, I headed towards the cafeteria. I could really use some coffee right now. “Morning sleepy beauty” Clary greeted me as she saw me. I gave her a smile and rolled my eyes at her. I had been running a bit late today, so I hadn’t gotten to see her before now. “And you young lady are not going to the cafeteria, but the music room” She told me firmly. How had I forgotten that? I blamed the lack of coffee I had gotten today. “Oh, and you need this more than me” she handed me her coffee. I smiled at her, “Thanks Clary”. “You’re welcome, now off you go!” she beamed excitedly as she swooshed me away, making me laugh.

I took small sips from the warm coffee as I made my way towards the music room. I wondered who Carter wanted me to meet, maybe he had found a potential band member.

I throw the now empty coffee into a trash can, feeling a bit more awake, and entered the room of my destination. Cater stood in the other end of the room with his back facing me. I cleared my throat awkwardly “Hi”. He turned to face me, “Babydoll, you came!” he said with a joking enthusiasm. “The name is Aubrey” I rolled my eyes at him. I didn’t want him to call me babydoll or other lame nicknames.

“Well Aubrey, how is it going with Jordan?” he smirked as I stiffened. “Shut up” I mumbled playfully slapping his shoulder. I really wished he never had found out. How was I going to survive being in the same band as him if he started teasing me about Jordan? That would surely be a nightmare.

“Make me” I suddenly noticed that Carter was extremely close. Too close for my liking. How he had managed that without me noticing I didn’t understand. He even had his hands resting on my waist. I blushed furiously. And behind his smirk I could see he tried hard not to laugh.

I took a step back. Or to be more precise, three steps back, making Carter chuckle. “So uh, who did you want me to meet?” I tried to change the subject to why I was here. Carter was still smirking at me but I tried to ignore it. “A friend of mine, he plays drums. He should be here any time-“ he was cut off by someone entering the room. He was big, like muscle big. And if it hadn’t been for his friendly smile, he would have been a bit scary. I looked at Carter raising my eye brows like asking if this was the one he wanted me to meet. He nodded. So I turned around to face the new guy with a smile.

“Hi, I’m Aubrey. Nice to meet you” I told him politely. “I’m Josh” he said handing me his hand to shake it, “Nice to meet you too” he said, dragging me in for a hug and almost choking me. I stumbled back some steps as he let go of me, making him laugh.

He sat down with the drums and started playing for us. I didn’t know much about drums, but the way it sounded and the way Carter nodded his head to the beat, made me understand that this guy was good.

“Welcome to Carter & Co” Carter told his friend. Josh grinned. I shoot them a look. That was so not our name. If anything it should be Aubrey & Co. I groaned. I didn’t know if I could handle hanging out with Carter and his friends. That meant I had to find the next member to our band before there was only friends of Carter here.

Sighing I said goodbye and left Carter and his co, and headed to the cafeteria to find Clary. Maybe she could help me. And another coffee before next class couldn’t hurt either, I thought.