Rejection

Jordan at the side ----> or top ^^

Enjoy 

____________

I couldn't deny the fact that I actually tried to look good today. Of course I liked to look at least decent whenever I was at school or out, but today I also curled my brown hair and put on a little bit more makeup than usual, but I still kept it natural.

Just the thought of Jordan noticing me today, made my stomach full of butterflies. Actually, just the thought of Jordan made me happy. And today I was going to sing in front of him and his bandmates, Joe, Brydon and Sam, the rest of the members of The Heartbreakers. Their band name was very catchy and it fit them perfectly.

Anyway, I was pretty nervous today. In the past two days I had been practicing the song I was going to sing for them. The reason why they were looking for a new vocalist were because Lucas, their earlier vocalist, had to move. It was a tragic time when The Heartbreakers didn't have a lead singer. It just wasn't the same.

In two weeks now, they had been looking for a perfect voice to be the new vocalist of The Heartbreakers. I couldn't say that it didn't tempt me at first, because it did. I've just been to shy and afraid to try out for it. But today I actually was going to do it. Or that was what I hoped for.

"Looking good today, Brea" Clary told me as I met her at my locker before first period. "Don't call me that!" I pouted. I really hated when people called me that. It was what my mom used to call me when I was little and still used diaper. Clary just laughed at me, "Whatever you say Aby, but we have to get to class". I nodded and followed my strange best friend into math.

Lunch time came faster than expected. That meant it was time to make my way towards the music room. "Good luck" Clary said with excitement written all over her face. I wonder if she was even more excited than me.

Remember to breath, I told myself as I stood outside the door of the music room where the band would be. I was sweating like I just had ran a marathon, and I couldn't stop shaking. This was it. I couldn't believe I was actually doing this. I breathed in deep before gathering all my courage. I was just about to knock when the door suddenly opened. I stood there like a fool, with my hand out ready to knock, facing no other than Jordan. Jordan Miller. Jordan Miller stood actually right in front of me, facing me with a confused look. Crap. I should probably say something. But what?! As I stared into his green eyes, I lost every thoughts I had. He was just so perfect. His beautiful green eyes, his golden blond hair and his muscular body.

"Hey?" His voice was like music in my ears.

"Eh.." I still couldn't remember how to speak.

"Can I help you?"

I snapped out of the trance, fixing my skirt a bit. All I wanted was to run away, but I didn't want to humiliate myself even more. I had to do this. He raised his eyebrow gesturing for me to say something. I let out a shaky breath as I met his gaze. "I want to try out for the band" I finally managed to say, glad that I hadn't stuttered.

He eyed me up and down, making me feel extremely insecure. My cheeks blushed red as a tomato, and I started sweating even more. What if he thought I was ugly? I think I would probably die then. I just hoped that my nervousness didn't show as much as I thought.

"I'm sorry, but you are too..." He stumbled to find the right words. Here it comes, I thought. I'm official dead. He is going to tell me that I'm too ugly und that I don't fit in with him and his hot band members.

"...innocent. We need someone a bit more punk and bad, you know. This is rock not a chick flick".

I was loss of words. All I could do was to stand there watching Jordan as he left, probably to the cafeteria. How could he just turn me down without even hearing my voice. It actually hurt that he turned me down just because of my looks, and he didn't even discuss it with rest of the band.

***

"I'm sure he just thought you were too cute" Clary had tried to cheer me up the rest of the day at school. "If not, he is just a jerk" But neither she could deny the fact that it was kind of rude, and that he at least could have let me sing, or discussed it with the rest of the boys. "Or maybe they just want another guy in the band" Clary said. It was mostly unlikely since they had told both genders to try out. But I could always hope.

We headed towards our lockers for the last time this day. I was really looking forward to get home now. I was exhausted and I wanted, no craved some chocolate.

"You could always start your own band though" I heard my friend say as she watched the student around us. "Like show him what he lost" she shrugged. She was on to something. If I started my own band I could probably get some of the student who also were turned down by The Heartbreakers, to join. It would be the perfect revenge. I would get Jordan regretting ever turning me down in the first place.

I entwined my arm with Clary's and we walked down the hallway together. "You know what?" I told her. "I'm going to crush them. They're going to wish they never started that band. The Heartbreakers are going down".

"Sometimes I wonder if your cute personality is just an act" Clary said making both of us laugh.