Apology

“OMG! Are you freaking serious?!” I was currently standing at my locker with an overly excited best friend screaming in my face. “Are you telling me that you actually are starting a band with CARTER HAMILTON?” she still couldn’t believe it, and neither could I, but I was getting tired of Clary screaming in my face repeatedly. I tried getting her to calm down, but to no use. I knew why she was excited though, Carter was after all one of the most popular guys at school, maybe the most popular one too.

I watched in amusement as she kept on rambling and jumping around. Her excitement was almost touchable. She was as excited as a little kid would have been if you gave it a whole candy store.

I turned to my locker to get the books I needed for the next class. There was this little book I needed for the class, but it always ended up getting lost in my messy locker. A smile formed my lips as I found it without problems today. But there was something that didn’t feel right. I managed to think. And I was never able to hear my own thoughts whenever Clary rambled. I turned to face her and noticed she just stood there gaping. Frowning I turned around to see what she was looking at. The sight almost made me lose my books and I had to close my mouth because I was almost gaping too.

I would have recognized those eyes everywhere. Jordan was what caused this reaction from us. Looking extremely good today and he was heading in my direction. When we looked eyes I swear, I got lost. “Ladies” he greeted us as he stopped in front of me. “Hi” Clary piped blushing, “See you after school Aby” she told me fast before disappearing. But I swear I saw her wink at me. That little devil. Pretending she was so shy, just to leave me alone with Jordan. She was so going to get it later. She knew I couldn’t speak normally around him!

“Sup?” facing Jordan again I managed to say something almost without sounding like I was about to die of nervousness. But sup? Really? Was that the best I could do? He was going to think I was such a loser, if he didn’t already think so.

But Jordan just offered me a smile, “I thought I should come to apology” he told me. At this moment when Jordan stood right in front of me, smiling and holding my gaze, I almost forgot any reason he could have to apologize. Almost. “I had a really crappy day, and I know it’s no excuse, but I am really sorry” he said. I gave him my best smile I could manage at a time like this. I just hope it didn’t look like a grimace. But then he grinned at me, melting my heart. “And you are welcomed to try out if you want” those words made my day. I could finally try out for The Heartbreakers!

But then reality hit me. With a bus. I couldn’t try out for The Heartbreakers, not when I was about to start my own band. And I couldn’t just leave Carter. Not when he had been so nice and willing to start a band with me. And besides it wasn’t guaranteed that I would become a member of The Heartbreakers, Jordan had just promised me a chance. Seeing my face fall with confusion he asked, “Oh that’s right, you are starting a band with Hamilton?”. “Yeah” I told him simply. “I didn’t know he could play?” He asked with a smile sounding genuinely interested. He was so sweet, and he changed the mood so quickly. He is just perfect, how I could ever be angry at him I don’t understand! He is perfection. I think I just fell even more for him.

“Yeah I do, guitar actually” I heard someone say behind me, and the voice weren’t to be wrong of. Jordan broke our eye contact and raised his head to face Carter. “You do?” Jordan asked annoyed rolling his eyes, and almost snorting? I knew they weren’t best friends, but wasn’t that a bit harsh? “I do” Know they just stood there shooting daggers at each other. Okay, they were definitely not friends.

“I should probably go” Jordan said, then he turned to me “See you later Aubrey” and flashed me his most beautiful smile. God, help me before I melt away! I had to fight the urge to not run after him.

“Watch out for him” Carters words snapped me out of the daze. “What?” I asked confused. I didn’t understand what he meant. Why should I watch out for Jordan? “He is like a siren, uses his charm to get what he want” Carter said. But I still didn’t get it. “And when he knows you like him, then he is most dangerous” Carter said elbowing me in the side “Hey!” I said blushing. He knew I liked Jordan. Carter smirked, making my face turn tomato red.

“I-I have to get to c-class” I stuttered and ran away. Behind me I could hear Carter’s laughter. This was so embarrassing. But could it be true what he said? When he joked about Jordan?

No. It couldn’t be. Jordan was no such thing. He was a gentleman. If someone used their charm to get what they wanted, it was Carter.