Babydoll

Carter on the side ----> or top ^^

Enjoy the third chapter

_______________

I couldn't quite remember how I got in this situation. Standing in the boys locker room with no other than Carter Hamilton, singing a song I managed to finish last night.

"You made me insecure, told me I wasn't good enough. But who are you to judge?"

The song was originally written to Clary when she had a huge breakup last summer, but I never knew how to finish it, until yesterday. The whole scene with Jordan made me suddenly want to finish the song. It did fit in quite well, if I could say so myself.

"I wouldn't wanna be anybody else"

I could always change and be a bit more though and maybe start wearing black, because I never ever wore anything black. Except from my cute black high heels and the black skirt I got from my mother last Christmas. But I really didn't want to change just to be good enough for a bunch of stupid guys so I could join their really stupid band. No. Because it's stupid to let stupid guys make stupid you do super stupid things that would only lead to extremely stupid results. And I hated everything stupid.

"Who says you're not star potential? Who says you're not presidential? Who says you can't be in movies?"

The song itself sounded a bit girly, but that's me. I think. Anyway, with the song I wanted to tell people that they can do and be whatever they like to. Nobody have the right to try to stop you and tell you what you can't do. If Jordan didn't think I had band potential, I was going to prove him wrong.

"Who says you're not perfect? Who says you're not worth it? Who says you're the only one that's hurting? Trust me, that's the price of beauty. Who says you're not pretty? Who says you're not beautiful? Who says?"

So, so, so wrong.

***

As I hurried to English class so I wouldn't be late, I suddenly heard a low sound. It sounded somewhat like a guitar being played. I forgot every thoughts about class, I was going to be late anyway, and made my way towards the sound. The closer I came, the more I knew I had to have this person in my band. It was perfect. The person surely had talent.

I soon found myself standing infront of the boys' locker rooms. I hesitated to walk in. I new there shouldn't be anyone here now, or at least no one chaning. But I also knew I would be suspended if a teacher found me in there. And I couldn't forget the fact that it would be totally embarresing walking into the boys locker rooms, when I knew there was someone in there. But I had to know who was playing.

So I swallowed my pried and worries, and stepped inside the room. And I surely got a shock.

At a bench sat no other than Carter Hamilton. Was it Carter I had heard playing? Who would have known he could play? He was known for being good at everything, but he usually bragged about it and got much attention. Guitar playing I had never heard him even talk about, and here he sat playing like a pro. I wondered if there were anything he couldn't do, but I dumbt it. He was a Hamilton after all.

Carter cleared his troat snapping me back to reality. I stared at him, not knowing what to say. His blue eyes were breathtaking, and I almost got lost. After a bit he was the one to break the silence. "You were a pretty guy" he said playfully showing me his famous smirk and dragged his hand through his brown hair. God, he was beautiful.

"I- I'm not.. what?" I stuttered as my cheeks were blushing. I shook my head and started again, "I heard someone play and wanted to check it out" I finally managed to say.

"Why?" He asked looking at me with curiosity. It was almost as he thought I was about to say that I've never heard anyone play guitar before. "I'm starting a band, and I wanted to see if you were intrested. But I didn't know it was you..." I told him.

"What's that suppose to mean?" I could see he tried not to laugh as my face reddened even more. I stuttered to find the right words for his answer, but I couldn't find them.

"Why do you want a new band anyway?" He asked. "Can't you just try out for The Heartbreakers?" His voice got a sharp undertone of the mention of The Heartbreakers. Good. Maybe this wasn't as impossible after all. "How did you know I could sing?" I was sure I did not mention that. "You just seemed like it" He said shruggering.

I wanted to ask what that was supposed to mean, but instead I shook it off. There was no time for that right now. "Look, they didn't even let me try out because I am 'too girly'", I quoted with my hands in the air, "and I really want to be in a band" I finished. He stared at me for a moment with a blank expression before a smirk tugged in the corner of his mouth, "So this is all about you wanting to be in a band, and not some immature revenge plan?" by this time he had a full smirk planted in his handsome face. But the fact that he had seen through my plan this easily made me blush.

"Pfft... what? No" Was that seriously the best reply I could come up with. Real smoth Aby, real smoth... Carter chuckled of my response- OMG, I got Carter Hamilton to chuckle! -and rolled his eyes. "Well that was bad, I was hoping you were" He told me smirking. Wait, he what? Was it possible that he actually wanted to help me?

I sighed. "I actually want to have a band, but I have to admit that revenge is also a big deal here" I told him. He nodded smirking. "Well what are you waiting for? Sing something" He said grinning. Was he serious? It would be fair though, I heard him play.

"I finished this last night, so if you could play...?" I handed him the chords of the song. He scanned it quickly. "You wrote this?" He then asked. I nodded slightly blushing. "That I hadn't expected" he said with a smile. Not knowing what to say, I gestured for him to beging playing.

Here goes nothing, I thought.

Ladies and gentlemen, my new song 'Who says'

"I wouldn't wanna be anybody else, yeah

You made me insecure told me I wasn't good enough"

I closed my eyes as I sang, pretending I was alone and not in the same room as Carter Hamilton, who by the way looked exstreamly good playing his gituar.

"Who says?"

I finished the song with a smile on my face. The song always made me feel good. I slowly opened my eyes when I remebered that I wasn't alone in here. I looked up at Carter who stood there beaming. "You have a great voice! And the song, it's good, but too girly to play in a band" He told me. My eyes almost popped out. Did I hear that right?! Did he really think I was good?! Oh my gad! I grinned at him as I thought about the last thing he said. It was true. The song was way too girly. "So what to you suggest?" I asked him, making him smirk.

"Babydoll, you need some rock and roll"