Chapter 20

Chapter 20

I groan in pain.

"Shh." I hear Zach. I open my eyes. "Stay calm, its okay."

I slowly sit up. Zach and I were in a room with bricks for walls, there was one light hanging from the ceiling, there was a chair in the center of the room. Zach and I are in the corner of the room. I looked at his face in the dim lighting. There is dried blood under his nose.

"Zach?"

"Hush, please, you need to be quiet or he will come back."

"I need to know what's going on." I whisper. He holds my face in his hands.

"are you okay?"

"Well isn't that sweet?" a deep voice asks. I turn around to see an older man, my mom's age most likely. His guy stands tall, with salt and pepper hair, and a bit of stubble.

"Dad let her go. She hasn't done anything to you."

This man is his father. Anger bubbles in my chest. "you! You were the one to hurt Zach."

"Zack, you better shut your bitch up." The man warns.

"Don't you ever call her that." Zach spits out.

Zach's dad takes a step forward and I stand up. "Don't you dare."

"Move." Zach's dad growls at me but I stand my ground. His dad slaps me hard across the face causing me to fall down. I am picked up by my hair and thrown across the room. He walks over to me. I try to get back up but he pushes me down. He kicks my side, he kicks me again and again. I wait for the next hit but it doesn't come.

Then I hear Mr. Baton the ground with Zach is on top of him. His dad throws him off and start to hit him with the leather belt that was around his waist only moments ago. I jump up but someone holds me. I turn around to see the man who had kidnapped me.

Zach lays shirtless on the floor, his arms protecting his head, his back was bleeding from his wounds. "I need to go." Mr. Baton stops his attack. "Don't try anything." I am let go and the door is slammed shut. I crawl to Zach.

"Why did you do that?" I ask. "I could have taken it."

"Love can make you do stupid things."

"You love me?" I ask looking up at him.

"Yes, I have since I found you that night."

"Zach..."

"I know you aren't ready. I told you I'd wait and I will. But I need you to know I love you just in case."

"In case what?" I grab his face. "in case what?"

"Please don't yell, it hurts."

"Then answer my question."

Instead of answering me he kisses me. That heat in my chest spreads to my body. "I'm sorry, I just couldn't stop myself." He whispers with one hand on my cheek and our foreheads resting on each other's.

"Who was the other guy?" I change the subject.

"I don't know who that is. Maybe my dad hired him. He doesn't look too much other than us."

"that's the guy who put me in your locker."

Zach looks at me wide eyed then the shock is turned to anger. He stands up and holds the wall for support. "Open this door now!" he begins to hit it. I go to him to stop him but before I can get to Zach the door is thrown open and knocks Zack down.

"What do you want?" my kidnapper growls.

"Who are you?" Zach growls back.

"you shouldn't talk to me like that, especially after everything I have done for you."

"what have you done for me?"

"well, I put the girl in the locker so that you could become the star quarterback but you just went and screwed that up."

"I never what to be the star! I didn't care about any of that!" Zach was standing back up now. "tell me who you are!"

"I'm your older brother, Stephen." He laughs and kicks Zach back down.

"I don't have a brother."

"A broken condom with a crack whore equals an accident. I was his child until dad got your mom pregnant then I just became an accident."

"Look, I'm sorry that he abandoned you but don't that this anger out on her. She had nothing to do with this."

"You really care about this girl, don't you?"

"Please just leave her alone."

Stephen pushes Zach out of the way. I back into the corner but he pulls me out. I scream out and I fell his hands on me. my jacket is ripped off. I see Zach coming for me. Stephen hits Zach in the head and he is out. I scream out again. His hands go back onto my body. Then I remember the pocket knife. I kick him off me and pull out the knife. I flip it out and jump onto of him. I stab him all over as many times as I can. He began to fight me for the knife. He grabbed the blade but I kept fighting for it. I scream put in frustration one last time before I finally take back control of the knife. I stab it into his neck like I had seen in probably every action movie to have ever exist. I don't know where in the neck I should hit so I just hit everywhere.

Once I decided he was dead enough I got off him and put the blood soaked knife in my pocket. I felt weak. I leaned against the wall next to Zach and cried. When Zach finally came back he saw the blood and then he saw his half brother dead in the corner. He pulled me into his lap and let me finish crying. I had finally finished crying when we heard someone coming into the house.

The door flies open and I jump. Zach give me a tight squeeze.

"Where is Stephen?" Mr. Baton yells then looks over at his dead son's body. As Zach tries to get back up his dad pulls out a gun and aims it at Zach. "how could you do this to your own brother? You are just as heartless as me."

I get off the ground, the father and son haven't noticed me yet. Mr. Baton cocks the gun. I gather up my remaining strength and run at his dad. I jump on top of him and tackle him to the ground. He throws me off of him.

"I am so tired of this bitch!" He yells. The gun goes off. At first, I don't feel any pain but then it all hits me like a train. I grab my knee and scream out. I feel dizzy, darkness starts to surround me. Then I see Zach's face. He looks pained as he lays next to me. my screams stop, I hold his hand.

"Zach?" I gasp out. He looks blankly at me. I blink away the dots in my vison, as hard as I fight away the dots they soon take over and I am left in darkness.

📕📗📘📙

Authors Note:

There are only a few more chapter left!

Crazy how time flies by.