Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I sit down at an empty lunch table. I still don't really know anyone here. Sitting by myself is okay with me. it gave me a chance to get home work started. I had a lot to do. At my old school I never did homework because my test score where so high it wasn't necessary. Things change, now I need every grade I can get.

I feel all eyes on me. I look up as a shadow covers me.

"Hello Dylan." Zach smiles.

"What do you want?" I stand up to throw away plate, wanting to get out of this situation.

"where are you going?" He looks down on me. I feel very small, he is much taller than me. I didn't like it. I felt something in my chest tighten. I grow angry rather than let my fear show.

"get way from me." I try to walk around him. He grabs my arms. My heart pounds hard. Out of fear I throw his arms off and kick him away with my foot. He falls, as he does his spills the bowl of tomato soup on my white shirt. "My bad." He laughs. Then everyone in the cafeteria starts to roll with laughter.

"You got your revenge, now what?" I ask.

"Now you quit the team or its going to get worse, much worse."

"In your dreams." I say and walk away, at least I try to. A few teachers come running to us.

"What's going on here?" One of the asks crossing her arms.

"Dylan here wasn't paying any attention when she turned around and ran right into me." Zach stands up and brushes himself off. The teacher turns to me asking me with her eyes if that was what really happened. I realize it is better not to tell I kicked him in the stomach so I nod.

"For a supposed football player you'd think she was a little more graceful." A player who stands next to Zach says.

I start to head for the door as the cafeteria erupts into a quit giggle. As I reach the door I turn around and look Zach in his brown eyes then curtsy while raising my middle finger.

I grab a school shirt from the office. The shirt had the schools mascot, a black bird, on it and name, "Ravensfield High School", printed in big letters. Once in the bathroom I wipe off the makeup and pull my honey colored hair back into a braid. I take off the white shirt, of course I wore white. I knew I should have warn the black. The shirt was boxy and I hated it. I was rough on my skin.

The bell rings causing my heart to drop. I really didn't want to leave the bathroom but yet it's off to math class. I wasn't ready to be strong in front of people. I just want to go home and lay in bed. I take one last deep breath and push open the bathroom stall. I make sure my hair looked good then I walked out the bathroom with my head held high.

I walked into class late. I smile to the teacher and apologized for being late. A few snickered but i sat down. While I was trying to take notes I felt someone yank on my hair. I turned with a glare.

"God, you look sick. Are you okay?" I narrowed my eyes at his words.

"Leave her alone." A brunette spoke. He raised his hands up in surrender.

After that he left me alone. The bell rang and I was scribbling the homework pages. Once in the hall some one matched my pace. It was the brunette.

"My name is Jessica Tanner."

"Dylan Brynn."

"I know." She smiled. "Oh, there's my best friend Tara." A platinum blonde headed girl came to us.

"Tara Reginald." She offered out her hand.

"Dylan Brynn." I repeated.

"I know."