Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I don't know how long I have been in this locker but I had stated crying again. I had started to get hopeless. Then I hear the door to the locker room open and then the lights come on.

I start screaming for help. I bang on the door.

"Calm down!" Then I hear the lock on the locker click open. The door the door is thrown open. I look to see who saved me and I can't believe my eyes. It is Zach. He has a black eye. "God, what are you doing in here?" he asks. Even more tears fall.

Then he gently holds my hands, I try to pull them away but he is stronger than me. "I won't hurt you." He says. Then he rips the tape off my hands then my feet and last my mouth. He holds out his hand to help me get out but I don't take it. I push myself farther in the back corner of the locker.

"Please come out." His voice is very soft. "I won't hurt you, I promise." I don't trust him. He sighs then reaches both hands in. He wraps his arms around my waist and gently pulls me out onto his lap.

"Have you been in there the whole time?" I nod my head. "Who did this?"

"Trever and someone I don't know." I whisper.

"You in there for over six hours?"

"Why does every one hate me?" I begin to cry again.

"I don't hate you." He whispers.

"You have been threating me and you spilt soup on me."

"The soup was because you kicked me." He smiles. "I don't hate you I just don't like you took my spot."

"Okay, maybe you don't but this whole town does."

"Did you know almost everyone is looking for you? The two most popular girls in school are losing their minds. I didn't even know they were your friends. Coach is head of a search team." I look up at him.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yeah." He says. "Come on we should get you out of here." I nod. He helps me stand. I stumble, due to the fact I've been curled in a ball for hours, he puts an arm around my waist. I feel dizzy as he leads me to his truck. He puts me on the tailgate and calls the police. I feel unsteady and I lean against him.

"I'm only doing this because I don't feel good. Don't get your hopes up."

"I'm only doing this because I don't want to be falsely accused of kidnapping." He laughs.

I take a look around the empty parking lot. I see that my car is gone. I let out a long sigh.

"You okay there buddy?"

"I'm not your buddy and my car is gone."

There are police sirens in the distance stop the conversation. Once they arrive we are separated so that paramedics and check me over and police questions. I tell them everything I can. I describe the man how put me in the locker.

"A few inches taller than me. heavy set or very muscular, I wouldn't tell he was wearing a black sweat shirt and pants. Tan skin. Dark eyes."

"Dylan!"

"Mom." I stand up and hug her.

"Oh, my baby, I was so worried." She holds my face in her hands.

"I'm okay momma."

"Who did this?" she looks around and points at Zach who is still being questioned. "did he do it."

"No, he found me." she then leaves me and goes to him, I follow.

"Where you the one who found her?" mom asks him.

"Yes ma'am." Zach answers. "She was locked in a locker."

"Thank you, thank you so much." She says. Then Dean, Tony, Gavin, and Chance climb out of Tony's car.

"Dylan!" they all yell, including Gavin. They scoop me up in a hug.

"im sorry I ruined your date." I look at Tony.

"don't worry about that." He blushes.

"you will be telling me everything later." I whisper.

"Wait you said you had to go to work!" Dean gasps. "are you cheating on me?"

I slip out of the group hug before I get stuck in the middle. I end up stand next Zach.

"Bye Dylan, I guess I'll see you Monday."

"Wait," I say to Zach, "stay."

"Why would you want me to stay? I have only ever been mean to you."

"Because you saved me."

"What is this the guy that through the ball at you?" Dean asks now looking at us.

"I did and that was stupid of me." Zach admits.

"So that means this is the guy you kicked in the balls." Tony high fives me.

"I never got you name." mom says to Zack.

"Zachery Baton." He smiles. "everyone calls me Zach."

"Thank you, Zach. Please stay for dinner. You can all stay for dinner." Mom smiles.

"There is this awesome party we need to go to." Dean says.

"And I have a date I need to make a date happen." Tony runs his hands through his hair, he's service.

"I have to help mom close up." Gavin adds.

"Fine." Mom sighs. "Zach please tell me you can stay."

"Yes ma'am." He replies. He is very polite for a man who is an ass.

"Good, very good." Mom claps her hands together.

A sudden realization hits my stomach. "Who got Dex from school?"

"Don't worry, Mrs. Gina got him." Mrs. Gina is his friend's mom.

A police officer takes the three of us home. mom has the entire kitchen table full of food. When she is freaking out she cooks.

"Did you make enough for an army?" I ask.

"Oh, hush." She puts her hands on her hips. "Get out of my kitchen. Dylan go show Zach your room or something, I need to heat stuff up."

"Yes ma'am." I turn on my heals. I walk down the hall past Dexter's room to mine. "Here it is."

The walls are an off white and I have posters of famous quarter backs and other players. Above the head of my bed are news clippings of my old school's football team. On the book shelf I have biographies and autobiographies of quarterbacks and on top of the shelves I have football trophies and pictures of my old team. In one picture they are holding me up with a championship trophy nearly the size of my body.

"Nice room." Zach says. "So are you a fan of LSU?" I blush.

"Yeah."

"It's bad that you are a LSU fan that lives in Alabama." Zach says. "Roll Tide."

"My dad is the reason I love LSU." I ignore his Role Tide comment.

"Where is he?"

"He's... he's dead." I whisper.

"Oh." He rubs the back of his neck.

"Dylan, Zach," mom calls, "dinner."

"Let's go." I'm thankful for the interruption of the conversation. As I walk out the door Zach grabs my hand.

"If anyone ever gives you another problem you come tell me." I nod.

"Thank you."

Dinner got interesting very fast.

📕📗📘📙

Authors Note:

I'm currently waiting in the doctors office for physical therapy.

I love physical therapy. Idk why it is probably because this is the only time I get to leave my house.