29 | breaking standards

c h a p t e r | 29
BREAKING STANDARDS
'Funny coming from you seeing you run faster than Parker spotting an IHOP.'
__________

"OU—" Parker quickly dodged away shielding his more vulnerable parts which Tessa had been seconds away from dismantling with the zipper. "I got this," he instructed with his hands outstretched towards her to keep her away while he zipped it properly.

"Seriously," he commented as she just shook her head being unusually shut off and took a step towards her, putting a hand on her arm as she started to pick up the already laid out shirts before putting them back down. "What's going on? You're acting strange."

"I'm no—" she stopped herself after throwing a sidewards glance at Parker who raised his brows in protest, and sighed, "I'm just. It's nothing. I think I need a vacation," she said with a small smile and bumped down on the couch on top of some of the laid out shirts.

"Didn't you just go to Madrid?"

"I—" she furiously started shaking her head wanting that weekend to just be something buried deep within a lost and found box.

Parker handed her an escape by running a hand through his hair with a look of uneasiness too, "I get it," he spoke up while planting his hands on the backrest of the couch and Tessa leaned her head back to stare up at him.

"What?" She asked with furrowed brows.

"Yeah, I..." He shot a fleeting look down the hallway, before backtracking with a blinding smile, "No, it's nothing. I shouldn't have said anything. You said the blue one, right?" He reached for one of the shirts, however its sleeve was caught by Tessa sitting on it.

"What, Park?" She pressed and he cringed before kneeling down with his head on his hands on the backrest.

"Philip is home," He spoke under his breath, "He's staying over."

"Oh, I see," she grimaced, "There's a spare toothbrush under the sink, but I'm not cleaning your sheets. I'm telling you some stains simply cannot be erased by Vanish, and the last time was one of them," she informed with a shiver.

"Really not even bleach could do it?" He returned with an affectionate grin and pulled at one of Tessa's stray blonde locks. Tessa smacked his arm with an exaggerated eye roll.

"Sorry," he offered offhandedly, before his gaze turned mildly painful again.

"What?" She asked not able to interpret his expression, except for knowing something was up since he hadn't further complained about his brother's impeccable bad timing as usual.

"I know you've been distracted lately and have had a lot on your plate but... Look, I don't want to pile on anymore. It's just... I can't just—"

He's words faltered by Indy coming through the door already jumping from one foot to the other in order to get her shoes off and throw them in the hall, "Tessa, have you seen the news?!"

"Hey Indy! No, we haven't had the chance to," Tessa waved her in, "Parker's just fitting the latest collection from Oliver Gutierrez.

Parker quickly got to his feet with a wince, and gripped the shirt. An action that made Tessa fall slightly to the side by the pull. Before she had even sat up straight again and called him out he was already dressed and collecting his things.

"I think... Yeah... the blue is definitely the best fit. Yeah, I'll go with that. I gotta go, but I'll call you later okay? Cool, see you," Parker rushed out making a dash for the door leaving an openmouthed and confused Tessa on the couch and a slightly flushed Indy alone in the apartment.