04 | female power

c h a p t e r | 04
FEMALE POWER
'I'm all for female power and all that.'
__________

"YES, PARKER, I DID TELL THEM NO RUFFLES," Tessa spoke into the phone which like always was between her ear and shoulder as she managed to push the button to the elevator, shifting the suit covers to better rest over her other shoulder. "Seriously, I don't know how you've suddenly gotten it into your head that they'll force you in ruffles. It's so 2015."

"You've heard the song, haven't you?" Parker complained on the other end, still annoyed with the thought of his upcoming appearance in a music video.

Tessa shook her head and eyed the elevator, waiting for the ding to proclaim its arrival. She had mixed feelings about it though, considering she did not look forward to spending what was likely hours of fitting as she still had to get his measurements and preferences down.

Thinking of it she thought to herself it might not be that good an idea to ask about his preferences as that was bound to make his day with all the wrong ways he could go at it.

"What's wrong with it? It's catchy," she responded right as the elevator pinged open and she hurried inside, resting the bags over her trolley to ease her aching shoulder and she leaned back against the wall.

"It speaks of cats and champagne!" Parker cried into the phone, and Tessa rolled her eyes from him being such a drama queen.

"So they want you to get hot and heavy with a cat lady, suck it up. It can't be that far a stretch from Daniella," she teased, almost forgetting that in a few minutes the elevator would stop at the dreaded floor and torture hour would begin.

"I can't believe John talked me into it. Do you think it's too late to say I got cat allergies?" Parker groaned into the phone before turning thoughtful and Tessa smiled to herself.

"Considering the shoot you did last month I would say, yes. You were absolutely lost in those kittens."

"One only had 3 legs and still it was a fighter. Besides I'm always up for a good cause. Adopting poor unfortunate pets who've had it rough from the very start looks way better than 'Sip Meow'!" Parker argued through the phone and Tessa let out a laugh.

"It doesn't say sip meow, Park! Just because it's not Coldplay, Imagine Dragons or whatnot, there's no need to be patronizing," Tessa concluded and eyed the numbers as they increased on the screen with a scowl as if they were in cahoots with Hale.

"Hey, I'm down with some Shawn Mendes! But really though, I'm not kidding. Just listen to the transition. I'm gonna send you a link," Parker promised just as the elevator slowed down.

"Yeah, do that. I gotta go. Pray to God I'll be alive to get you your tux, and you can calm down. It's a typical Armani slim fit 2 button with no ruffles," she reassured him and hung up in the bags again, pushing her trolley out into the 12th floor hallway.

"I do though have a version in crystal baby blue, which I think will suit you quite nicely," she added as an afterthought and let out a laugh as Parker hung up with a grunt, clearly stating his opinion on the matter.

Making her way to the door, she eyed it cautiously, trying to talk herself into knocking on the door. It was not that she was afraid of him, because really he had nothing on her. It was more the fact that she had to breathe the insufferable air that hung around him.

Remembering his indecorous remarks yesterday, she gritted her teeth and decided to just get it over with. Knocking firmly on the door she was already ready to lock herself inside by use of the card the receptionist had thrusted into her hand with the remark about him rarely opening the door himself.