16 | tonsil tactic

c h a p t e r | 16
TONSIL TACTIC
'Tonsil tennis, tonsil hockey.
Who knew you could be this dirty.'
__________

"HE'S TAKING YOU TO THE MARINA?!" Indy squealed into the phone as Tessa had barely finished her sentence of where Alexander was taking her tonight.

"Oh my God, Tessa. I bet he has a boat. He so has a boat, why wouldn't he?" Indy continued and Tessa shook her head with a knowing grin as she herself was feeling excited about tonight's date.

"Candlelight, wine, three meal course on his yacht, handholding down the promenade and finish with the perfect first kiss under the moonlight that skips over the graceful waves..." Indy sighed dreamily, "Then as it gets heated, because we all know it will, you quickly ma—"

"Yeah, yeah!" Parker obviously having muffled Indy by shutting her mouth with his hand squeaked as he tried to match Indy's range. "Just add a few coincidental fireworks and tap that shit and lick that— Arh! For fuck sakes, bite marks!" Parker howled.

"It's not a porno!" Indy screamed as Parker continued to mewl about his injured hand.

"You were the one going all Nicholas Sparks!"

"Nicholas Sparks!" Indy snorted and Tessa tried to turn down the volume of the conversation running through the car, but even at the lowest Indy's voice kept going shriller. "Alexander is way more Danielle Steele than he is Nicholas Sparks!"

"Hey!" Parker interjected, clearly trying to defend himself and Tessa knowing it did not do her any good just concentrated on maneuvering the traffic, hoping to get home to them before they tore her apartment to shreds.

"I was just trying to participate in the conversation. Isn't this how girl talks go? One tell of their dramatic moment with McDreamy while the other hoots like a rooster in appraisal— Orh, ow!" Multiple thuds accompanied Parker's groans together with a loud thump which sounded like the phone being dropped as static followed in it's wake.

"Guys.. GUYS!" Tessa yelled into the phone as she came to a red light.

"Get off me!" Parker huffed, his voice strained and muffled, sending another round of static through the phone. "I'm gonna report you for domestic abu— Aaah! Arm! Arm! Arm!"

"Look, I only called because I'm running against the clock—"

"Weren't you meeting him at six?" Parker wondered out loud which earned him yet another twist of his arm.

"I'm hanging up," Tessa proclaimed as it was getting nowhere and saw no reason to listen to their fighting. In the back of her mind, she should have known better than to call them the minute Alexander had asked her out on their second real date. In fact, she should have known better than to let Indy and Parker together without observation. That's what she got for trying to tie up all week's errands into one day.

"No, no, no! Don't listen to the all American boy over here, he clearly doesn't know what he's talking about!" Indy protested and her voice came into focus after the phone finally got picked up again.

"Can you even remember what we are talking about, because apparently you still cannot seem to remember I'm Canadian!" Parker pointed out, his voice rising with emphasis on his origin.

"Tessa, don't worry. I got the perfect dress for tonight!" Indy insisted, resulting in Tessa once again staring at the phone though this time hesitantly.

"Really, don't you think we should leave Tessa to the styling?" Parker pointed out, for once being serious and helpful.

"What's that supposed to mean?"