Eventually everyone calls it a night and heads of to bed. The next morning everyone is eating breakfast in and getting ready for their match in the tournament, fortunately none of the others besides Ash and Gary had to face eachother so they could all give it everything they had, best case scenario only one of them will fall in this round.

At noon at the arena Gary and Ash were battling at

"Ladies and Gentalmen! We are here for one of the noon battles taking place in the ICT! On the left we have the boy who has saved our world more times than we can count, ASH KETCHUM! And on the right we have Ash's original rival from Pallet town, and the grandson of one Professor Samuel Oak, I give you Professor Gary Oak!" Said the announcer with his deafening microphone.

The two boys step up to the battle field Gary is wearing a black shirt with a green vest, and purple pants. Ash is still wearing his Kalos clothes, only now he has his cloak on as well, but with the hood off so it functions more as a cape than a cloak, with his red hat with the golden arc on his head of raven black hair, and has Pikachu perched on his shoulder.

"This will be a one on one pokemon battle, the trainer whose pokemon last longer will move on to the second round. Now let's select our battle field." Said The announcer.

"In this arena we have the options of one: The water arena, two: the electric arena, three: the forrest arena, or four: the rock arena. Let's see which one it'll be!"

A spinner with four different sections shows one with a rock, one with a tree, one with a lightning bolt, and one with a wave appear on the screen. The spinner spins after a minute it stops on... the wave!

"Water field it is folks!" Shouts the announcer into his microphone.

"Now trainers send out your pokemon for this battle."

Ash and Gary grin, Gary picks up a pokeball.

"Pikachu!" Shouts Ash.

"Blastoise!" Shouts Gary.

"I choose you!" They shout at the same time.

Gary throws the pokeball sending out the giant water tortise.

"A battle of the starters huh?" Says Misty looking at the two pokemon and their trainers.

"Huh?" Asks Dawn who had finished her battle already.

"Pikachu was given to Ash, because the three starters had all been taken by three other kids. The one who took Squirtle was Gary." Explaind Misty.

"Oh." Says Dawn.

"This battle will be Pikachu vs. Blastoise on the water battle field, ready? Battle begin!" Says the referee.

Ash asseses the field. there were a total of six small islands about 3 ft. in diamiter on a ten by five foot field meining that the field was eighteen feet of land and thirty two feet of water, Ash would have to use this to his advantage.

"Blastoise use Hydro pump on Pikachu!" Shouted Gary.

The shellfish Pokémon fired off two streams of water from the cannons on his shoulders towards Pikachu.

"Stay in between the two streams of water and then close in with a Quick attack!" Instructed Ash.

"On it Ash!" Said Pikachu speaking Pokemon as usual, but now Ash could understand him due to his aura.

The electric mouse started glowing white then dashed foreward in between the two streams of water avoiding damage, then colliding with Blastoise, but due to the water types very sturdy nature, not taking much damage.