Mr. Sparkles Loses His Sparkle [Pt.1]

Start from the beginning

"He's charging and most likely playing with Mochi."

Finally, we stopped at a small restaurant. It looked decent and there weren't so many people inside, so we chose to sit in a corner booth toward the back. Hiro and I flip through the menu.

"So what ideas do you have for your suit up problem?" I take a sip from my drink after telling the waitress my order.

Hiro does the same and sighs, now staring at my notebook that had his notes. "Honestly, I have no idea. So far, I've just written notes down and hope that my brain will think of something easy."

"I'm pretty sure you will think of something." He shows me the ideas and I shrug. "Suits having a built in homing signal to fly to your location. The suits shooting out of a giant sphere, that kinda seems dangerous. Uh, voice command rocket that delivers the suits. If you do that on your phone, it might be a bit faulty."

"Ugh. That's all I could think of." Hiro picks at his food.

"You're not really thinking these ideas through like you usually do, Hiro. Just try out your ideas and if it doesn't work out, keep moving forward."

"I guess."

The conversation ceased so we could enjoy our meal and shared a dessert together since we were full, but not too full. A comfortable silence stayed even after we headed back to Hiro's house and into the garage. That's where I spot the big huggable marshmallow.

"Baymax!" I rush over and try to glomp him into a big hug. "You have no idea how much I missed you."

Baymax tilts his head and pats my head, "No, I do not know, but my scans indicate that you are very happy at my presence. At that analysis, I now know you have missed me very much. I shall hug you now." He lifts me up into a big hug.

This is one of the many simple joys of life. I hum happily.

"Ew. Can that cute stuff move to the side so I can work?" Hiro rolls his eyes and sits in front of the hologram computer.

"Kay, kay!" I salute and pull Baymax to sit on the couch in the garage. My back leans against his side as I start watching a movie with my earbuds in so it doesn't distract Hiro. I yawn and relax more from the good food.

I stretch and roll onto my back as my phone chimes from a notification. My eyes tiredly stare at the screen and I raise a brow.

A text message from, "Tadashi?"

'You awake, Sleepyhead? The night is still young, you know.'

I tap the call icon and hear the phone ringing on the other end until Tadashi answers.

"Finally. You done studying?" He chuckled playfully.

"Yeah and I'm still tired." I start to drift off again only to slightly awaken at a familiar voice that screamed, 'Yeah! There's nothing better than free food!'

Tadashi laughs, "Well as you could hear my friend. Cass is making a celebratory dinner for Hiro. He got accepted and I was hoping you can come over."

Why did all this feel so familiar?

"Mmmm....Maybe I can swing by tomorrow after my test. I'm pretty worn out right now." A sense of guilt washes over me when I hear Tadashi laugh lightly.

"Alright. School is important, so you better get rest. I'm not talking about binge watching anime all night until morning. I'll bring by some breakfast for you too, okay? Get that brain turning."