Baymax, Honey Lemon, and (Y/n)

Yes! Going to watch my favorite show today after working the night shift at- I don't even want to say the name, but at least I get free noddleburgers during my lunch break!

I stretch and sigh calmly, relaxing onto my bed and turn on the TV.

“Now to relax and-”

“Hey!” Karmi opens my room door with great annoyance. “Your robot boyfriend is here and you better get him out of here before I pop him! He keeps messing with babies!”

“You mean your viruses or whatever?” I say without emotion.

“YES! Now get him out before he destroys them!” She slams the door.

I groan and run my hands down my face before getting up. By the door, Baymax stood there patiently and looking around.

Is he by himself? Weird.

“Baymax, what are you doing here?”

“I have been informed by Honey Lemon to invite you to play tennis. She wants to teach me how to play one of her favorite sports.”

Oh. Uuuuuugh…..there goes my relaxation day. I could never say no to Baymax. He is just too innocent and just adorable!

I smile softly, “Oh alright. Let's go then, Big Guy.” I pat his belly and grab my shoes to put them on. We head out to the tennis court and go through the gates.

There was Honey in a yellow skirt and white tank top with her hair in a high bun. She ran back and forth as the tennis ball machine throws out the tennis balls toward her. So far she hit every single one with her tennis racket.

“Hello! Honey Lemon.” Baymax says and watches one ball bounce past him.

I wave when she sees us, “Hey Honey.”

“Hey, you guys!” She hits one more ball and runs over to the machine, “Hang on!”

The machine turns off and Baymax brings up a few pictures on his screen, “I see you are playing Tennis. An excellent source of physical activity.”

“You know how to play?” Honey asked excitedly. “Do you know, (Y/n)?”

“Uh….no. No clue. Physical activities aren't exactly my strong suit.” I laugh sheepishly.

“And I know the rules and MANY injuries associated with tennis.” Baymax starts naming all of the injuries and they sound REALLY bad. “Rotator cuff tendonitis. Tennis elbow.”

Oh sweet mercy. He's showing all the pictures to the injuries as well.

“Wrist strain.”

Now, I'm not so sure I should play. I can tell Honey doesn't want to hear anymore and neither do I.

“Okay! How about we just play?” Honey nervously spins her racket and goes to her duffle bag to pull out a tennis shirt for men which was big enough for Baymax. “Here you Baymax, let's slip this on you.”

I giggle once I help her get it onto Baymax.

“I also got you this, (Y/n).” Honey smiles and hands me a sweaty band while she slips one onto Baymax’s head.

“Thanks.” Well, I won't use this much since I don't exercise or play sports, but I guess I can wear it now. I slip it on so it's across my forehead and I take off my hoodie to tie it around my waist. A tennis racket is handed to me and Honey moves me on the opposite side of the tennis net. Next to the machine. “Uh….I have no idea what the rules are.”

Honey was with Baymax across from me and she starts to explain. “Don't worry about the rules, (Y/n). Now Baymax, you hit the ball over the net and (Y/n), just try to hit it back.”

I nod unsure and Baymax moves his racket back and forth stiffly. “I will try.” He says.

Okay. Hit the ball with this….thing. Yeah. Simple enough. Like ping pong. I smile to myself and get ready.

The machine turns on and shoots out a ball toward Baymax and he swings, but the ball falls downward away from his racket.

Poor Baymax.

Another ball heads on the other side of him and he tries to move fast to hit it, only for the ball to go past him.

Everytime the ball comes at him, Baymax wasn't maneuvering fast enough and he just keeps going back one way, then the other.

“Honey Lemon. I don't think this is working so well.” I chuckle a bit.

Honey bites her lip, “Yeah…..hold on.” She jogs over to Baymax and smiles softly at him, “Aww! That was great Baymax.” She starts rolling the racket in her hands in thought, “We just need a way to get you moving faster. OH! I got it! Me and (Y/n) will help you move!”

This is definitely going to be hard. I'm on Baymax’s left and Honey is on his right so she can help him try to hit the ball with the racket. I gulp, “Is this a good idea?”

“Sure it is! Just watch. Alright Baymax, you can do this. I know it!” Honey say confidently.

Here it goes.

A tennis ball shoots out and Honey lifts Baymax’s arm, but it misses it by an inch.

Another makes its way far from us so I push Baymax, but he missed still. Gosh, Baymax may be soft like a balloon, but he is heavy too.

“Whoa!” I stumble backwards when Honey pulls him and Baymax falls onto his back. “Honey!”

“RRRGH!” Honey doesn't stop and nearly made us bounce over her. “(Y/n)! Push!” She groans.

Immediately, I comply and help her push Baymax forward. Okay, you know what? I have no idea which direction she's wants me to push and she's practically SHOVING RANDOMLY!

Baymax was still swinging.

Holy Pockysticks!!!

Everything began to go in slow motion. Baymax is turned sharply by Honey and that caused me to get smacked in the face by Baymax’s other free hand.

“Oooooh noooo.” Baymax said.

“AH!” I fall to the ground and catch Baymax hitting a ball on the racket.

Oooooh boy!

I cover my mouth and my eyes widen as the ball rockets straight through the gates.

There's a loud shatter of glass breaking and a car alarm goes off.

Baymax’s band slips off his head, “I hit the ball over the net.”

I cross my arms after getting up and Honey looks at me with an apologetic expression. “I'll leave a note on that car.”

With a sigh, I smile softly and take the racket away from Baymax, “How about we work on his strengths? Baymax, turn this way and stay here.” I turn Baymax so he's facing the machine. “Now, Honey. Start the machine up again.”

She gives a thumbs up.

Soon, me and Honey are watching Baymax easily hit the ball…..well, more like the balls are bounce off his belly and over the tennis net. At least, Baymax didn't have to maneuver anywhere.

Honey holds her hands together and giggles in amusement, “Oooh! This is perfect, Baymax! You're doing great!” She praises.

“Thank you for making this an officiant way for me to play tennis, (Y/n). And thank you, Honey Lemon for inviting us to a game of tennis.” Baymax looks at us.

Aww! Baymax is just too sweet. I smile shyly, “Aw, it's no big deal Baymax. You needed to enjoy this sport as much as Honey does.”

“Yeah, Baymax.” Honey glances at me and grins, holding up a tennis ball, “Care for a one game? Then I'll treat you to lunch.”

I hum in thought then smirk, “Alright. I'll try my best, but I can't guarantee that I'll be good at this.”

Honey squeals and drags me over to play tennis with Baymax watching in case there were any injuries. This day was a good one with Honey and Baymax, even if we did break someone's car window.