Food Fight [Pt.1]

“Here you go, Sweetie. One peach smoothie and powdered donut.” Cass smiles and places the items on the counter.

I smile kindly, “Thank you, Cass.”

“How is school going for ya?”

I take a bite my donut and work on a special chip for my goggles. “Eh. Hard work, but it keeps my brain going.” I sat close to the door that lead to the house so I don't bother other customers with my work.

Cass continues talking to me while working, “That's good. I'm sure it'll pay off in some way.”

“Uh, this cappuccino is too cute.”

I take a glance at the woman with short pink hair.

“Oh, thank you.” Cass smiles.

“No, I don't do cute.” The woman crosses her arms and she's lucky Cass is a nice woman.

“Okay….here.” Cass fixes her cappuccino and the woman is more happy.

“Hello! I ordered a berry boba smoothie, but it's full of these gross blobs.” A man complained.

I raise a brow and tell him, so it'll be easy on Cass. “Those are the bobas.”

He frowns.

Cass sighs and smiles, “Never mind. I'll whip you up a blobless one.” She walks away and I frown at the guy.

The bell above the café doors rings when someone came in which I didn't pay attention to and I should have. A hand grabs my donut and I gasp. “Hey!”

Hiro grins and takes a bite, “Hey. I thought you were at the library. Oh AND I ran into Karmi.” He take another bite. “I still can’t believe you're roommates with her.”

I huff, “Well, I take what I can get and when we first met, we made a deal to share a place since we both got into the same school. Just like MY donut which I PAID for.” I snatch it back.

“How did you two meet anyway?” Hiro asked.

I sigh in relief as Cass turns our attention behind us. She's sounds really excited while nodding toward a man reading a newspaper.

“Guys, do you know who that is?”

Huh...he looks familiar.

Hiro is confused, “Uh, turtleneck guy. Should I?”

“Bolton Gramercy. He's top celebrity chef!” Cass smiles happily and stares at Gramercy.

Ooooh. I seen him briefly on tv during The Nation's Got Flavor.

Hiro's phone goes off. “Oh. That's cool.” He grows a little worried when looking at it. “Huh? I-I've gotta go.”

“Everything alright?” Cass asked concern by his urgent behavior.

“Yeah, I just to study upstairs right now.” He goes to walk away and Cass pulls him into a hug.

“Oh okay, go study hard.”

Hiro smiles, “I love you, Aunt Cass.” He waves at me and I wave back while mouthing to be careful.

“Love you, too.” Cass goes back to getting Gramercy’s order and refills his cup.

I went back to drinking my smoothie and just eavesdropped on them. Bolton Gramercy was funny at time, but he can be a big jerk.

“Excuse me, uh, Mr. Gramercy, um, I just wanted to say. I. Am. A huuuge fan-” Cass holds back from fangirling, but she's cut off.