Baymax Returns

"One."

The wires are attached to a piece of dark material.

"Two."

A hand grabs onto the the handle that turns on a machine.

"Three!"

The handle is pulled down, but a big burst of electricity sparks and everything is dark.

"What?"

My goggles are slipped up on top of my head and I keep flipping the switch, but nothing works. I rub my chin in thought.

"I'm the only one here, except- oh....Ashi." I walk out of my lab and go up the stairs to head to the other labs. I would've taken the elevator, but the power is out.

My knuckles gently knock on Ashi's lab door and I barely make out his silhouette, seeing a flashlight pointed at the door.

"Ashi?"

The door opens and the young man pouts, "I told you not to call me that."

I smile sheepishly, "What? It just stuck with me." I glance in his lab. "What happened this time?"

He fixes his San Fransokyo Ninjas cap to place the bill back to the front. Ashi sighs stressfully, "My project short circuited. How's your project coming along?"

I tap my chin, "Well the power cut out before I could test it."

"Oh, (Y/n). I am so sorry. I forget that you were working tonight too."

I wave a hand and shrug, "It's alright, though we might want to get going now that the power is off."

There was a small spark in his lab that made us jump and we laugh. Ashi goes in to clean up while I go back to my lab to do the same. My eyes examine the machine then sigh. My project was harder to build than it sounds.

My major here at San Fransokyo Institute of Technology: Nanotechnology.

It's a challenge working with things by the atoms. Though it's fun because once I have a break through in making something that's useful, I feel proud.

Sure I have classes to keep my brain running and I do tend to put aside the homework, but I manage to get them done last minute.

It's weird too, but I also take creative writing as more of a hobby.

"Pocky, you ready?"

I slip my journal into my backpack and follow Ashi out to his moped. I chuckle as he places the extra helmet on me.

"Thanks for the ride home, Ashi." I hand him back the helmet and take the fast food bag from him too. "Also for the late dinner."

"Us night owls have to take care of each other." Ashi smiles warmly and holds out his fist.

I fist bump his and laugh as he makes an explosion sound.

"Night, Nerd."

"You too, Dork."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'm about to close my locker only to stop and stare at the picture of Tadashi and I. It was one of those picture strips from the photo booths at the mall.

Since that day.

That one day which Tadashi was gone. It's been awhile since then, but I still feel like something was missing.