Mr. Sparkles Loses His Sparkle [Pt.1]

Start from the beginning

I hug my bag after snatching it away,"You literally live just right up those stairs. Go get your own food."

Hiro looks to the stairs, "But I don't want to walk upstairs just to get a snack."

"We are in YOUR aunt's cafe."

"I don't want to bother her while she's working."

Is he really going to pull this annoying act with me? "I guess you'll have to starve because I have no snacks in my bag because I ate them during class."

Hiro snickered and opened my notebook to a random blank page, "I'm sure you have at least one more snack in there. Sharing is caring. You do care about right?" He flashes a close eyed smile before continuing to jot down notes.

My face heats up and I turn away with a grumble. Why does he have to do that?! I don't think he knows how much his words affect me.

"I am totally posting this." Honey taps on my phone screen.

"Oh man! I almost forgot." Fred has two tickets in his hand, "I have an extra ticket to Maximum Insane Obstacle Challenge."

Hiro raised a brow, "Maximum what?"

I roll my eyes, "Maximum Insane Obstacle Challenge. The wording is a handful, but it's an online game show that is the definition of its name."

Fred takes my phone from Honey Lemon and pulls up a video of the insane game show, "It's number one on the online videos too! I also never picked up on the show's name. Basically a hidden message."

Not really.

A contestant dressed as a bumblebee races across and tries to avoid getting hit by giant fly swats, ending up pinned by the last fly swat.

Hiro stops the video and gets up, "Looks fun, Fred. But I've got to work on something to deal with our suiting up problem." Quickly, he runs out the cafe doors.

"I would go if it wasn't maximum insane. You're basically signing yourself up for embarrassment." I held out my hand to Fred so he could give my phone back.

"No problem. I can ask Wasabi, Honey, or Gogo aaaand Hiro took your phone."

My eyes widen and I rush out the door, "HIRO HAMADA!!!!"

Hiro waves my phone at me, a street away from the cafe and I run fast to grab it away. He starts laughing and holds up his hands in defense at my threatening fist. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

"I will only forgive you, if you buy me food. That panic and run took a lot out of me." I try to steady my breathing.

"Deal."

We start walking and Hiro again jots notes down in my notebook. He better give that back after he's done.

"So what's happening with your guys suiting up?" I make sure Hiro doesn't walk into anyone or anything as we walk.

He sighs stressfully, "Okay. Last night, we had trouble finding out which one of us had our suits at their home. We went to Fred's until Honey remembered that the suits were at her and Gogo's place. Then Wasabi couldn't find a piece of his armor." His hand ruffled his hair. "We showed up very late to a fire emergency at a tiki torch factory. Luckily, the fire department got it handled."

"Oh. Wow, I didn't even know that happened last night." I felt a little guilty that I didn't answer their call either last night.

"What were you doing last night anyway?" Hiro takes a glance at me.

I recall what happened last night. Me and Karmi were planning our next cosplay and getting ideas, leading us to binge watching our anime. "Uh....talking girl stuff with Karmi." Baymax would understand a little....and Tadashi. "Where is Baymax?"