Chapter seven

Finally a new chapter! I'm sorry for not updating this book so much. There's three chapters left until I'm making a sequel! Yay

The fight was done; one had lost. The problem was that I couldn't see who, but it was as I feared. An Orc.

"What should we do with her?" It said, fumbling around with something I couldn't see, I actually couldn't see anything.

Gotta change that. I silently took a few steps forward, still hiding in the bushes. A white Orc stood above a human girl covered in bruises. The Orc smiled, happy to have beaten the young girl in battle which made me quite confused. Her thin arms didn't even look capable of holding a sword especially fighting with one. She was looking at him, her face showing that she was frightened. As soon as the Orc was about to make the final blow, I attacked from behind. He let out a scream and Tauriel knew that it was her turn to help. Two arrows was shot right after each other, the first hitting his legs, causing him to fall. The second arrow caused his death; his head was hit. I looked over at Tauriel, and she nodded to me.

"Who are you?!" The girl asked, grabbing her sword.

"I'm Tauriel, and that's Lupina." Tauriel replied, referring to me.

"I don't care about your stupid dog, where am I?" She asked, glaring at me.

"Watch your tone young lady," Tauriel warned, stepping in front of her, seeming intimidating.

I bared my sharp teeth, taking slow steps towards her.

"Hey hey, keep that thing off me!" She nearly yelled, hiding behind Tauriel.

I hurried behind the trees where my clothes was. After transforming back into human, I got my clothes on and headed back to Tauriel and the girl.

"Who do you call a dog, human?" I asked, putting a finger below her chin, making her look at me.

"W-as that.. A-are you..." She stuttered.

"I'm a shapeshifter, yes, but the question is; who are you?" I asked, raising an eyebrow slightly.

"I'm nobody," She replied,

"You sure look like one." I stated and she growled at me.

She literally growled and I gave her a small smile. She had clearly been living in the woods, surviving by her own. You can growl to intimidate your foe, and that's why she did that. She felt threatened.

"Where do you live?" I asked.

"In the woods," She replied.

"Do you live with anyone?" I asked.

"No." She replied.

"Do you have a name? First name, last name, anything?" I asked, looking around.

"My name's Annika," She replied.

"Do you have any experience in killing the giant spiders in this forest?" Tauriel asked, making me glare at her.

"We aren't supposed to be THAT straight forward," I hissed and she huffed.

"We both know she must be, she has survived in the forest," She hissed back.

"In exchange for not killing you, we expect help from you, okay?" Tauriel said and Annika nodded.

***

My eyes widened as I looked at the army of spiders. The amount was huge and I knew that it would be tough for us all. People would die today, there was no doubt.

Annika went straight for the biggest one, killing the small ones in the way. I had never seen anything that effective and I wondered how she could do it, she was after all just a human.

A sigh escaped my lips and I looked at the ground, tears escaping my eyes. I was jealous. Jealous of her, I wanted to be human, I wanted to be free from all these responsibilities.

"Get a grip!" Tauriel hissed and I stared at her. "Now's not the time to be deep in thoughts Lupina, we need to make sure these spiders won't cross the borders!" She practically yelled.

"Didn't Thranduil tell you that we only would protect our own land?" I asked, grabbing my sword.

"Since when did you do what you were told," She hissed and I chuckled.

"Never," I whispered and started attacking all the spiders.

A few hours later, they were gone, killed by our men.

"How can you not be tired!" I nearly yelled at Tauriel, watching her stand gracefully.

I was at the ground, breathing as hard as I could. I felt dehydrated and tired, and I could barely stand up.

"Lupina?" Tauriel carefully said, making me look at her.

"You don't look too good.." She admitted, feeling my forehead.

"I might have pushed myself too far. But it's fine, just help me get back to the castle please," I said.

"Yeah you have, come." She said, grabbing my hand.

Here's a really short chapter, sorry. Don't forget to vote and comment for more!