Chapter Nineteen

Y/N and Keith had spent the next few days exploring around Yosemite. The park was beautiful, and they both found themselves having great times hiking through the forests to see waterfalls and lakes.

They had taken a trip through the Mariposa Giant Sequoia Grove on horseback (they weren't kidding when they said giant), they had seen a few of the water falls, and they hiked around just to explore together. There wasn't much signal while they were out hiking, but it was fine for them.

For Y/N, though, one of her favorite parts of staying at yosemite had to be the evenings, where she and Keith would get back, quickly eat something, shower and change and basically do their nightly routine, before collapsing together on the king-sized bed up in the loft.

It was just something about being there, with him, and then falling asleep after a long day of hiking and exploring.

And then, of course, there was waking up in the mornings.

Y/N had never been all that much of a morning person, even when she was around Keith, but at Yosemite she and Keith would spend their early mornings sitting on the porch, watching the sunset, and drinking coffee while they talked about their plans for the day. There was just something so serene about it all that made her feel plenty energized for the day to come.

On one particular morning, though, something just felt off. Y/N could tell that it was going to storm badly at some point during the day, despite the absence of any bad-looking clouds. The morning just felt gloomy all together, and when she took a deep breath she could feel a certain crispness in the air.

She heard Keith come out to the porch just as she began to doze off, listening to her own thoughts as as her eyelids slowly began to feel heavier and heavier. She forced her eyes open again and took her cup of coffee from Keith, giving him a quick peck on the lips.

"Tired?" Keith asked, giving her a soft smile. He wrapped an arm around Y/N's ahoulders.

"Tired is an understatement," Y/N grumbled. She sipped her coffee and enjoyed the warmth of it.

"Well, it seems like it's gonna storm sometime within the next couple hours. How about we stay inside today and catch up on rest? Maybe watch a couple movies, y'know?" Keith suggested. Y/N smiled.

"I think it sounds like a wonderful idea."

---

Y/N groaned as she woke up. The movie she and Keith had accidentally fell asleep watching was still playing, so she knew that her nap hadn't be too long.

Slowly, trying not to wake Keith, she unwrapped his arms from her waist. She got up from the couch and went outside to the porch.

Sure enough, it was pouring. It hadn't been too loud in the cabin, so she assumed it wasn't that bad, but as soon as she opened the door it grew almost deafening. She stepped outside, enjoying the cool air and the sound of each raindrop hitting the wooden porch roof.

She watched as trees swayed lightly in the wind. The calming atmosphere as she placed her hands against the railing and leaned on them was almost enough to put her to sleep again.

She took a deep breath, and the smell of the rain filled her senses. The cool breeze washed over her skin, pushing her hair back from her face.

After she decided she was done with being outside, she went back inside, finding Keith still fast asleep on the couch. She yawned and went into the kitchen, deciding to get something to eat.

After making a bowl of cereal to eat for a late lunch, she walked back into the living room. She sunk into the plush cushions of one of the armchairs and began eating. For half a minute she almost fell back asleep. The tiny pitter patter of the raging storm outside and Mean Girls were the only things disrupting the silence.

Instead of falling back asleep after eating her cereal and milk, Y/N checked her phone. She scrolled through her social media, occasionally looking up at the TV even though she knew practically all of it by heart.

Her friends and family all seemed to be having a good time, and she was really happy to see that. Allura had been constantly sending her pictures of Nikki and Cosmo, who were both dropped off at her house. The two dogs both also seemed happy, while Allura may not have been.

Allura loved being around Nikki and Cosmo, just not neccessarily for long periods of time (that was partly why she and Keith had chose to leave them with her). But, it seemed that over time, she seemed to be getting closer to them.

Y/N smiled to herself before setting her phone back down. She walked over to the couch where Keith was still asleep and laid back down.

So this was just sort of a filler chapter (no shit), and now I have to seriously get my butt in gear because the next chapter isn't even done yet