Chapter Fourteen

Here we go, guys. Are you excited?

Keith took a deep breath. He was sitting on his motorcycle, parked outside of Y/N's apartment building, having just gotten there. He hadn't been nervous until he parked.

He hopped off of his motorcycle and went up the metal staircase, his shoes clunking on every step as the climbed his way to the second floor or that building. As he reached the front door, he knocked.

Giggling and the small barks of Nikki was heard, along with a sort of scratching sound. The door opened, and there she was, standing in a white blouse, an army green jean jacket, black leggings, and brown boots. She opened the door the let Keith in and pulled Nikki back.

"You're here!" she said.

"I promised I would be," Keith responded.

"Nikki, down," Y/N said. The small puppy made no move to leave her owner alone, and Y/N sighed at her.

"Well, should we get going?" Keith asked.

"Sure, just let me put Nikki back in her crate," Y/N replied. Her puppy bounded after her into the next room, and Y/N came back out not too long after. "Okay."

They both went out of the apartment to Keith's motorcycle. Keith tossed a helmet to Y/N and she caught it with ease, putting it on.

"You ever ridden on a motorcycle before?" Keith asked.

"Uh, not really," Y/N replied. "I've ridden a bike before, but I have a feeling that this is a bit different."

Keith chuckled. "A little," he said. "Just hold on."

Y/N hopped on the motorcycle behind him, and she seemed to be doing fine while the bike wasn't moving. However, she squeaked a bit and wrapped her arms around him tightly when they started moving.

Keith chuckled, the noise cancelled out by his bike, and pushed his motorcycle to go a bit faster.

It took a while, but she eventually relaxed. Her arms loosened around his chest and he could feel the tension ease up.

After a while longer, and surprisingly little traffic they arrived at their destination. Y/N's eyes lit up once she realised just where they were at.

"Oh my God!" she exclaimed.

"What better place to start a tour of LA than at the Hollywood sign?" Keith asked, a soft smile playing on his lips as he watched Y/N get off the motorcycle and gape at the sign. "Have you never been up here before?"

"No," Y/N sighed. "Mark and I would always plan to take a hike up here, but something always came up before we could."

"Well, now you'll have plenty of time to come up here," Keith said. He took the key out of his motorcycle and put the kickstand down before hopping off and walking over to Y/N who still stood in front of the sign in awe.

After a moment of silence, Y/N turned around and looked out across LA. The horizon was far off in the distance, and you could see a large portion of the county from the mountain that the sign was placed on.

"It's gorgeous," Y/N said softly, her voice barely above a whisper. "I'll definitely have to come up here more."

---

Keith had parked his bike and he and Y/N were just wandering around town near Y/N's apartment complex. A couple people took long looks at them, maybe to try and figure out if they were C/N and Voltron's red paladin, but they quickly averted their gaze.

They walked around the streets, talking about random things, and somehow Cosmo had gotten out of Keith's apartment and found them despite them being probably a solid fifteen minutes away from his apartment.

The good news was that at least his dog seemed to like Y/N, and she was ecstatic to meet him, so they ended up allowing him to stay and walk with them. After all, Keith knew that he could send Cosmo back to the house and he would end up there anyways.

"Have you heard anything from Mason about her moving into the apartment?" Keith asked.

"She says she is, but it'll take her a while since she hates flying without anyone else," Y/N replied, sighing. "She also says she's gonna take a while to see some sights and such, and she told me she'll probably take a few weeks to see everything she wants to see when she gets out here."

"So has she sent her stuff out yet?"

Y/N nodded. "She has, but the moving truck will take a couple days to get out here with her stuff, so I'm gonna just put all of it in her room when it gets here for when she eventually arrives."

After what only seemed like mere minutes, the sun was almost setting and Keith and Y/N were back at her house. They were standing up on the balcony in front of her front door, talking as they both tried to delay ending the date without actually seeming like they were.

"I guess I should go get my bike and head home now, huh?" Keith asked, looking back to the rapidly setting sun with a slightly disappointed sigh.

"Oh, uh, yeah," Y/N said. "I guess you should. It'll be dark soon at this rate."

"Yeah," Keith said absent-mindedly. He didn't quite want to leave yet, but he knew her words were true when she said that it would be dark soon.

"Keith," Y/N said, watching as Keith went down the steps to get back to the ground. Keith turned and looked at her. "I had a really great time today. We should do this again soon."

The corners of Keith's lips twitched up in a soft smile. "I'll look forward to it," he said. He turned around and continued on, happy knowing that she enjoyed the date as much as he had.

Even though I have lived in California for the first nine years of my life, I have never seen the Hollywood sign. But, I mean, I did live up above Sacramento, so I guess that me and my family never really had all those hours to travel to L.A.. It took us an hour and a half to get to San Francisco to see family. But make no mistake, I hope to one day fly to L.A. and take a picture of me with the Hollywood sign.

Also, thanks so much for 4k reads. Honestly I was so surprised when this book surpassed, like, 250 reads, so y'know. This book kinda shot way past my expectations, lol.