Chapter Thirteen

Y/N blinked as she woke up. As usual, she groaned as she rolled over, grabbed her phone from her nightstand, and started going through notifications. Most of it was just stuff from Youtube or other social media apps, so she didn't find it too interesting, but one thing caught her eye. She tapped in the notification and unlocked her phone, reading the texts from Mark.

You up yet?

Guess not

Anyways, I just want you to remember: if Keith does ANYTHING that you don't feel comfortable about today, you just need to text me

Shit.

How had she forgotten about the date completely?

Nonetheless, she felt excitement swell up inside her chest. She threw the blankets off of herself and immediately got up. She wasn't really one to get all dressed up, and she didn't want to overdo it, but it was a special occasion.

She had been on a couple dates before, but she had never been as excited for any of those as she was for the one with Keith.

She frowned as she looked through her clothes. She only had until one P.M. to find a cute outfit she liked, but as she moved her clothes around, she barely found anything she thought of.

Wait.

Mason.

She whipped out her phone really quick. Despite Mason saying she had a really bad fashion sense, she seemed to be able to find really cute outfits from all the browsing she did on the internet.

Mason. I need a cute outfit. Quick

She wasn't even sure if Mason was awake. It was usually up to Y/N to wake the girl up, and since she wasn't in New York, who knew how long Mason would sleep for. Hell, she had gone for only a couple days and she found Mason sleeping at three P.M..

Do you still have your oversized flannel cardigan?

Y/N breathed a sigh of relief. Thank God.

The one with the tassels? Yeah

What do I pair it with?

She sighed and put her phone down, rummaging through her wardrobe to find her flannel cardigan. It was a red and black plaid, oversized flannel cardigan with black tassels hanging at the bottom. She looked over it and tossed it on her bed.

White blouse with short shorts. Use a belt to keep it from flying all over. Choker and a teased high ponytail would look magnificent with the outfit. You need clunky boots such as combat boots. Maybe a few gold bracelets?? You definitely need some sort of hipster-esque earrings

Y/N stared at her phone in awe. She could definitely picture the look that Mason was trying to give her. But was it too much?

I'm not trying to scare him away, God.

She rolled her eyes and gathered everything that Mason said, deciding to just try it on at least. Sure it would be nice if she were just roaming the streets on her own, but on a date? It just seemed like she was trying too hard.

But what else could she wear? She could go in her normal attire, but then it would seem as if she weren't trying at all.

She groaned and looked at all her clothes. She threw the leggings she was holding to the ground, grabbed her phone, and left the room, not even bothering to change out of her pajamas.

---

After an hour or two of playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, texting with friends, and snacking on random things, Y/N finally decided to face her closet again. Mason had given her lots of outfits to wear in all sorts of styles, but none of them really struck her as the right style.

She walked over to her closet and began shuffling through her clothes, trying to find something cute to wear. Her eyes landed on a vintage, army green grunge jacket, with certain spots including around the elbows and shoulders slightly faded from years of loving use.

She held the jacket closer to her. She had forgotten about it. She used to wear it, like, every day. Mason gave it to her since it used to be her girlfriend's- and Y/N's best friend's-, before she passed away. Mason gave it to Y/N, saying that she couldn't even bear to look at it and that Y/N would get more use out of it anyways.

Mason's girlfriend had been friends with Y/N for a long time, and it was she who introduced Y/N and Mason to each other. Somehow, a beautiful friendship had sprouted and blossomed over the years after Toni had died in that car crash.

Mason and Y/N had seemed to hate each other, not realising that the other was, well, the other, but after Toni had introduced them back in their sophomore year in high school, that hate disappeared. They basically looked at each other with wide eyes, like, "Oh you're THAT person!" and suddenly they were best friends.

But then, about a year later, Toni went to a party with a bunch of friends, got drunk, and died in a car crash. Some people picked her up and she intended to hitchhike her way back to her house, but as they were trying to get some answers out of her as to who she was and such, the driver got a little too distracted, and some drunk truck driver crashed into them.

Toni died on the way to the hospital.

Y/N's eyes widened as she felt something hit the fabric over her hand. She snapped back to her senses and saw that she had been crying. She shook her head to clear her thoughts, and went back to picking out clothes.

Are you guys excited? Next chapter is the date. Honestly I really love hipster grunge things, so that's what your first outfit was sort of based off of (honestly that what your outfit for the date is based off of, too)