Chapter Sixteen

Keith and Y/N's relationship had been going great, and Keith couldn't be happier. To think that it was only a couple months before that he thought it was just a stupid celebrity crush. He could have never guessed that he would actually be dating Y/N.

They hadn't 'officially' confirmed their relationship to the public, only their friends and such, but he knew that everyone practically knew. With their mild flirting on Twitter, YouTube, and basically every other social media account, you'd have to be blind to not see that at least something was between them. Some fans within the L.A. area had even managed to catch them on dates, take pictures not-so-discreetly and post them on Twitter and Instagram.

Though, Mark still seemed understandably protective of his little sister, but Y/N would only scoff and roll her eyes at her brother. But still, Mark had come up to Keith one day by himself.

"She's really happy with you, you know," he had told him. "I know that she can take care of herself, and you're probably the best person I can think of to be dating her, but I'll always feel at least a little protective over her, so I'm sorry if I ever say anything that makes you feel as if I hate you."

Keith was slightly taken aback, but he had always known that Mark didn't mean anything even remotely mean towards him. He just wasn't that type of person.

"No, it's fine," Keith replied, shrugging. "I don't have a little sister, but I can imagine that if I did I would be protective with her around boys, too."

The conversation had branched off from there and had definitely made Mark at least a little less protective over Y/N being around him.

A sharp knocking on the door had snapped Keith out of his thoughts, and he smiled. He walked over to the door and opened it up, welcoming Y/N and Nikki into the apartment.

Cosmo came running to the front door and Nikki started jumping up to try and play with Cosmo, who laid down and started flailing around, playing along with Nikki. Y/N's puppy kept jumping up and placing her front paws onto Cosmo before running around for a minute and repeating the steps.

"So how did Mason moving in go?" Keith asked. Y/N watched the two dogs play with a sigh.

"She brought a cat with her and her girlfriend, and even though she moved in a couple days ago she's done practically no unpacking," Y/N said. "I told her not to procrastinate."

"If she's been on the road for a few weeks, travelling constantly, she could probably use a bit of time to rest. Driving can be kinda tiring," Keith said.

"I know," Y/N said. "Anyways, shall we start the date."

Keith smiled and nodded.

---

After watching a few movies, having a bunch of popcorn and some ice cream, Y/N stretched, yawning. When she looked out a window, she noticed that it was basically pitch black.

"Woah!" she exclaimed.

"What?" Keith asked.

"It suddenly got really dark outside," Y/N said, sitting up. Keith frowned at the fact that they had somehow lost track of time so easily.

"There's a spare room if you don't feel comfortable driving in the dark," Keith suggested.

"Are you sure?" Y/N asked. Keith nodded, and Y/N looked contemplative for a minute before sighing. "Yeah, I think I will. I didn't like driving in the dark even back in New York, and I was familiar with basically all of the roads back there. L.A. is sort of a new place, so I feel kinda more uncomfortable driving in the dark here."

"That's normal," Keith said. "It took me a couple years to get used to driving out here in the dark, too, and I've had my liscense for five years now," he explained. "But, now that you're staying even longer, let's pick out another movie."

Y/N smiled and leaned against him on the couch, and he gave her a fond smile before returning to scrolling through the movies on Netflix.

---

Keith woke up to Cosmo jumping up on his bed and licking his face. He rolled over so that the husky mix would hopefully leave him alone, but it was a futile attempt at a few more minutes of rest.

Cosmo sniffed around in Keith's hair until Keith eventually gave up and sat up in his bed. Cosmo gave an excited bark and jumped off of the bed. He ran over to the door and panted, curling up in front of it waiting for Keith to be ready.

YikES short chapter. I have been stuck on this chapter for a few days now, and honestly it was getting boring trying to think of ideas for it so I just ended it. Anyways, I still hope you liked it nonetheless

Also, in case you're interested, I published a new story just recently, titled Astrophilia. It's a Matt X OC story