Chapter 13: The Extinguisher

((Y/N)'s P.O.V.)

Today is the day I show Lena how amazing the gems are... Maybe I'll convince her to stay too. Yeah that'd be great. I looked down on my body and saw Pearl hugging me tightly with her slightly snoring. I tried to move away from her without waking her up and it worked.

She noticed that I was gone and started to get uneasy. I quickly took the blanket and balled it together. I put the blanket in between her arms as a replacement for me. I waited for her reaction and luckily she thought it was me. Phew...

Pearl: "You feel softer than usual today... I like it..." Still in a sleepy voice.

I snickered to myself and went outside. It was cold though. Where is my hoodie? Maybe a little work out session will help me warm up.

I decided to jog around the forest. Luckily I had my headphones packed in my bag. I passed tree after tree until I've reached a very familiar one. Lena and me used to carve into this very tree. We usually worked out and tried to climb it but we often failed. Good old times...

I put my headphones on a log that was next to the tree and stretched myself. Then I took a few steps back and started running towards the tree. I immediately reached the top of the tree. Hmm, maybe I'll just stay here for a bit since it's so cozy up here. But then a very familiar voice entered my ear.

Pearl: "(Y/N)!? (Y/N)!? Where are you!?"

Now what should I do? Scare her or just let her know where I am? Of course it's the first one...

She saw my headphones on the ground and picked them up. She then inspected the tree and saw the scratches. That's when I snuck up behind her and held my hands in front of her eyes.

(Y/N): "Guess who?"

She jumped for a bit but then took my arms and pulled them over her shoulder throwing me on the ground in front of her.

(Y/N): "Ouch..."

I underestimated her.

Pearl: "(Y/N)! Don't scare me like that! You knew what would happen..."

(Y/N): "I-I didn't...Urgh."

She offered me her hand and I took it. She underestimated my weight and collapsed on top of me. Realizing this we both began to laugh.

(Y/N): "That sure was something last night, huh?"

Pearl: "Yeah it was. I don't usually fuse with someone for "not necessary" reasons but I guess I just wanted to show you how much you mean to me."

(Y/N): "It worked..."

Pearl: "And how was it for you?" She said shyly.

(Y/N): "It felt great. I felt powerful and... I guess you could say, intimate with you."

Pearl: "Y-yeah I felt so too."

We laid there for quite a few minutes but eventually stood up.

(Y/N): "I think it's time to get Lena now. Don't wanna keep her waiting."

Pearl: "Yeah, you're right. Let's go."

We got into the car and drove off to the orphanage. Once we reached it we saw Lena with a giant bag on her back. Does she think that we'll drive around the world or what? We pulled over and greeted each other.

(Y/N): "Hey, Lena."

Pearl: "Hi."

Lena: "Hey, guys."

(Y/N): "Let me take that bag of yours." "Woah! What do you have in there? Bricks?"

Lena: "Nope. Only my faithful companion. You know what I mean..."