Where Were You In the Morning? 21

Kinsley
Life hits you hard. Especially when you're not expecting it. I don't know what it is, but I find myself thinking about Shawn over and over again. I find myself opening up to him, over and over again. When he hugged me, I actually felt safe. I didn't have to look over my shoulder to see if anyone was gonna come up and kill another person that I love.
How do I even describe him, he looks so handsome when he looks down and just focuses on his guitar. When I talk to him, he listens. And for a girl, that's all we just want sometimes, is for a guy to just listen to us as we explode mountains of emotions on them.
I walked outside to see a stage set up for Shawn. My heart dropped. There were hundreds maybe thousands of people there. Sophie walked by me with other workers next to her.
"Sophie!" She stopped and smiled.
"Kinsley-"
"What the hell is this?" I gestured to the crowd.
"Wait what-"
"This isn't a performance. This is a preview. Not a concert-" I found myself getting furious. I don't want people going against what I say, it's my business.
"James said this is what you wanted." My heart sank even more.
"James?" I clenched my fists together.
"Yes." I brushed past her right into the building. I was trying to walk as fast as I could with my brokenness straight to the room I provided him when he first came here.
"James!" I yelled. I opened the door he was no where to be found.
"Shit!"
"What's happening." Adam came bursting through the door frame.
"Did he organize this crap!" I yelled.
"Yea. He did. He said-"
"Where is he?" I demanded strongly.
"He's answering questions outside for the news and radio." Adam looked frighten.
"Does Shawn know this?"
"He should." Adam sound hesitant.
"Ladies and gentlemen." I heard James voice over the microphone and speakers outside. Adam ran past me as I tried my best to catch up to him. I walked outside as security guards blocked gates and ways for fans to be near the stage.
"As you know Shawn has been hiding a little, but that's gonna change." The whole crowd roared to James comment.
"Shawn's been working on something, and tonight he's gonna show you." He grinned.
"With the help of Star Records, please welcome Shawn Mendes." He walked off stage as I couldn't hear myself think because that how loud the place was. Shawn walked on stage with his guitar hanging behind his back.
"Hi guys." Shawn's smile was impossible to miss.
"I was hoping none of you guys would forget about me." His charm was contagious, and I know for a fact I wasn't he only one who thought that. He smiled to himself brining his guitar around. He paused for a moment and took a deep breath before he was about to perform. He began to pick a pattern but within a second his smile went from enjoyment to misery. He stopped and so did the rest of the beat behind him. His crew all looked at each other like they were the ones who messed up, but little did they know they weren't. I could feel the uncertainty and loss for passion in Shawn. He bit the bottom of his lip and shook his head. He mouthed to himself, "I can't do it." My heart felt it was stabbed with a thousand knives. I wanted to run up there and tell everyone to just leave it's cancelled, but the worse of the worse happened.
"I'm so sorry." Shawn said in the mic with a faint voice running off stage. Everyone in the crowd was talking. Some gasped, but many were angry.
"What the hell just happened?" Adam paused.
"Kinsley!" Sophie ran to me.
"Why did Shawn-"
"PIECE OF SHIT!" Someone in the crowd yelled toward the stage. I looked in the direction of the angry voice was truly baffled by his response to Shawn.
"I PAID FOR THIS!" Another yelled.
"THIS WAS MY DAUGHTERS BIRTHDAY PRESENT!" Another screamed. I have never seen people attack an innocent man in which they know nothing of.
"GIVE US OUR MONEY BACK!" The guards were struggling to keep the fans contained.
"Kinsley!" Sophie yelled again as I focused my attention to her.
"Did you not hear me?" She looked irritated. My mind was so focused on the negativity that I didn't bother to listen to anyone else.
"What are we gonna do?" She shrugged. I didn't respond to Sophie, instead I turned around and was instantly greeted by reporters.
"Why did Shawn just do that?" One asked shoving a mic in my face.
"Is it true your dad set you up?"
"Is Shawn retiring?"
"Did your dad really die?"
"Hey cut it out!" Adam came in wrapping his arm around me shoving his hand in front of the cameras. He turned me around keeping me close and taking me inside. He closed the doors locking them as cameras and reporters filled the windows. I turned to my right still speechless, I couldn't form words to come out of my mouth. I opened my eyes even more to notice James running down the hallway.
"HEY YOU PIECE OF SHIT!" James screamed.
"Hey!" I yelled knowing exactly who he was yelling at. Adam followed me.
"Not now James." Shawn said calmly still walking to the end of the hallway with his back towards everyone.
"YOU THINK YOU CAN MAKE A FOOL OUT OF ME!" He yanked Shawn back shoving him into the wall.
"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT YOU USELESS TEENAGER!"
"I can't do everything you want-"
"WHAT!" He was possibly spitting in Shawn's face.
"Get out of my face James." Shawn was trying to keep his calm.
"You are gonna get your ass back out there AND PERFORM!" He paused and laughed to himself.
"I know your family, and I know people who can take a lot of people away from-"
"Stop." I yelled as he turned his head towards me Adam stood behind me.
"Back off, and stop threatening him you coward." I demanded.
"Just business Kinsley go back feeling sorry for yourself."
"Hey!" Shawn yelled pushing James right into the wall across of him. I jumped by his actions. James stood up swinging his first straight into Shawn's face.
"Shawn!" I screamed. Shawn bursted up tackling James straight to the ground. He sat on top of him giving two hits into James's face.
"Adam there gonna kill each other." I turned to him as Adam ran to break them up.
"I SHOULD HAVE NEVER HIRED YOU ABUSIVE PIECE OF SHIT!" Shawn was red. He saw nothing, but rage and anger.
"Shawn." Adam tackled Shawn straight to the ground.
"STOP!" Adam screamed in Shawn's face as loud as he could. James stood up walking towards me.
"We should have never worked for you." Instant fear went through me. I felt him hurting me. Adam stood up and ran towards me pushing James straight to the ground. Adam stood in front of me as James stood up again looking like a serial killer.
"Fuck you." James said spitting in Adams face and walking right out the doors. My body was shaking. My mind was racing.
"Are you okay?" Adam took his glasses off wiping them off with his shirt. I nodded not being more grateful of what he has done for me. I looked over as Shawn gently picked himself up. The image of blood tracing down his forehead, his eyebrow sliced open, and his lip swollen wouldn't escape my mind.
"Shawn." I faintly opened my mouth. He knew I was talking towards him. Sadness filled his face as he shamefully turned around and walked down the hall not looking back a final time.