Chapter 8: The Council

Start from the beginning

I don't know if it was how sincere he sounded, how terrified I was or the mate bond but I found myself looking into those gorgeous icy blue eyes with my hand on his cheek. Before I could change my mind I crashed my lips onto his hard and passionate. I found my other hand snaking around his neck tunneling through his hair while one of his grasped my hip and the other grab a handful of my hair. Our tongues were intertwining while I began to straddle him. He all of a sudden rolled me into my back so he was on top never breaking our kiss. He gently bit my bottom lip before working his was down to the side of my jaw just below my ear while earning a small moan in the process. Just as he began working lower we heard a knock on the door and Monkey say "Breakfast is ready!"

We both groaned clearly frustrated at the abrupt interruption and slowly untangled ourselves and made our way out to the kitchen. Once we got into the kitchen we see Monkey digging into some eggs and bacon with a big smirk on his face. "Hope I didn't interrupt anything."

I blushed as Fin grabbed a slice of bacon and retorted "wouldn't you like to know but don't worry if you get to meet your mate today I'll make sure to repay the favor."

I laughed while Monkey's smirk slowly faded. "Let's just hope she ain't a vampire if I even have one."

While we ate breakfast Fin briefed us more on how the council meeting will go and what we should expect. Before we knew it it was almost noon so we made our way to the town hall for our sentencing. The town hall was not at all what I was expecting it to be. It was an older building almost Victorian like with a giant clock on top covered in gargoyles. It was brick instead of wood and the gargoyles looked like a variety of wolves, vampire-like creatures and mermaids. Fin stopped at the entrance and turned toward Monkey and I. "Alright this is it, I don't want you guys to worry since I won't allow anything to happen to either of you but keep in mind Abel will probably try and provoke you into saying something you don't mean so keep your cool and don't let him or anyone else get to you."

"Okay I think we got this" I replied while trying to calm my heart from beating out of my chest.

"Well let's go face the music shall we," Monkey added trying to bring some humor into this situation.

I smiled slightly while Fin just rolled his eyes. Fin then intertwined our fingers sending electricity throughout my body and lead us into the front door. Once we entered the building we were greeted with a thousand pairs of eyes and a hush fell over everyone. I looked at Fin for some reassurance and he gave my hand a slight squeeze while keeping his eyes locked forward not looking at anyone. I swear I heard some growls and hisses as we walked to the front and even a whimper but I didn't dare look at anyone. Fin dropped my hand once we reached the front of the room and gave me a sweet small kiss on the cheek before he went to join the rest of the council. The kiss earned several more whispers from the crowd but not before Abel smashed a gavel down hushing everyone completely.

"Alright folks we are here to discuss whether or not to grant Ms. Laura Bell and her companion Jackson Hunter permission to live amongst us. We will start with their opening statements followed by those opposed to them being granted permission. Ms. Bell you may begin."

I grabbed Monkey's hand in mine because I was terrified and needed some kind of strength. "People of Lucian I understand we are outsiders and have disobeyed your warnings and entered the cove. I am lucky to be here thanks to Fin for saving me from the Tonrar that lurked within the cove. I know we have given you no reasons to trust us yet but I can assure you we will do everything in our power to keep your secrets safe. We do not wish any harm upon you and have actually grown fond of a few of you. With that being said I hope we can earn your trust and your support for us to become members of your community."