They hated fast food restaurants and were willing to stand up for themselves. Stand up for us.

I invited them to my apartment, it wasn't anything fancy. It was a small apartment because I was saving my money up,

What if she was going to come back tomorrow, she'd need the money.

They thought it was nice, better than the sewers.

They hated fast food restaurants.

I told them that they could live with me.

Stand up for us.

I needed to think more. I needed to have someone to slow me down when I stop thinking. I needed someone to call attention to the things I didn't notice.

Thankfully he knew computers. The other knew how to talk and make me think.

We hated fast food restaurants.

They also hated takeout after they had it for years on end.

I knew how to cook. He knew how to fix things. The other knew how to communicate and interact.

We were the club, we were proud and dependent on it.

We rarely talked to anyone else in the office. It was just us.

We were the club.

We were united.

Of course there was also backlash, people talked. Gossiped. Chattered. But together we stood tall. They no longer hunched over their desks, they leaned back happily and flew paper airplanes around our small section of desks. We were the happy ones, well working, and we stood tall.

We were not ashamed of ourselves.

I was, I was ashamed. I thought I was alone when there were many people like me, they were like me.

I've never felt closer to anyone than with these two.

Michelangelo and Donatello understood me, and I them.

I was comfortable around them, smiled or laughed even when they questioned my human ways.

They were my family. They took care of me. We took care of each other.

They knew who I was. They knew who I was, and they didn't care. They didn't think I took the job because of my mother's relationship with our bosses. I took the job to get closer to the murder of my mother. Leonardo had to know what happened to her. My mother being his assistant came with its danger of knowing and dealing with Hamato Solutions private information, someone was after that. He failed to warn her, and now I, I will kill whoever is responsible.

"Isaac, dude!" A soft pear colored hand scooped up the freshly baked breakfast muffin and shoved it into his mouth. "I donh oh ut e'd ew witout yah."

"Mikey!" The older turtles with a more fern colored skin scowled at his kin, "Don't talk with your mouth full."

The Carolina blue eyed turtle swallowed the muffin and grinned, "You know how good his cooking is dude, I can't resist it." Mikey sang as he managed to grab more than his fair share of the muffins.

"Says the one who lost at our training game yesterday." Donnie rolled his eyes at his brother but managed to mutter a 'thank you' to me when I handed him his cup of coffee.

"I felt sick!"

"You just wanted Isaac's chicken soup, admit it!"

"No I didn't!" Mikey lied horribly, we all knew it was his favorite dish of mine, apart from Friday's pizzas.

"Sure, sure." Donnie rolled his eyes, his cinnamon eyes fixated on me. "Are you okay, Isaac?"

It took me a moment to respond, "Yeah, yeah. I'm good." I smiled lightly.

"Come on, dude, even I can tell something's up." Mikey slurped up some Fanta orange soda.

I sighed and pulled out the thin slip of cream paper, "I got this the other day, it's a message from my dad. He said he was sorry about my mom, and hopes I'll come to visit him."

The two fell silent, I rarely would talk about my father.

I was Dianna's son. Isaac Charles Anderson.The boy with no family.

"Are you going to?" Mikey asked which made him receive a slap to the back of his head by Donatello.

"Mikey." Donnie hissed at his little brother, "You know how he feels about his dad."

"He's not my father." I murmured out as I put away the supplies I used for breakfast. My thoughts ran to my father. I sighed and shut my eyes, my teakwood forehead pressed against the cool refrigerator.

His hair.

His was most likely white now, mine was a healthy dark chocolate that was styled in a long quiff.

His eyes.

My mother adored my eyes, she compared them to a light azore, her favorite jewel. She loved them because it was a version of her blue eyes and not my father's chocolate eyes.

Him.

I had almost nothing similar to him, it was better that way. Not even my oval face shape matched the rectangle of my father's.

"Isaac?" I felt the soft hand of Donatello on my shoulder. I could feel their sympathetic eyes.

I got lost in thought.

I sighed and pulled away from the refrigerator, "I'm okay." I would like to think I droned this statement but by their expressions I could tell it was more of a babble.

"Look what you did, Mikey. You broke him."

"What?! It wasn't my fault!"

"You just had to bring it up." Que Donatello rolling his eyes. The two started bickering, a soft smile made its way on my lips.

They were my family. They took care of me. We took care of each other.

Chapter End

I hope you enjoyed this chapter of Brainwashed!! Thank you all for 1K on this story, we love all of the support so don't forget to comment, like, and share our story. If you haven't already done so, go check out our other stories!!

Chapter by K

Picture credit: gittanart on Instagram/Twitter