Chapter 4

~Donatello~

The flashing of cameras splashed on everyone's face as we exited the bus, microphones were shoved in everyone's face. A mummbling crowd tried to interview everyone at teh same time, the questions about what happened bounced in my head. When my brother, Mikey and I set out for a job, trying to fit in to our harsh society, we didn't expect a job like this. Even if it felt oddly fimiliar, fighting and training along side our bosses, Leonardo, Raphael, and Karai, I don't remember fighting ninjas and street punks were apart of the job. It was all too familiar, fighting along side the other two mutant turtles and the hazel-eyed, Karai.

"Excuse me, sir." a reporter shoved his microphone my way, "What is your input on what happened tonight?" He spoke loudly over the bustling flock of reporters in front of us.

"I-I'm not sure." I mumbled, which was slightly true, the blur of tonight was mixed with the flashing lights of photos.

"What happened to Leonardo Hamato? How did he get the scar on his eye?" The reporter persuded.

"I don't know." I stated calmly, by now, a small crowd of reporters were in front of me, "Tonight was a blur. All I remember is the Prowlers, and they attacked my bosses, Leonardo, Raphael, and Karai."

"Prowlers? Describe them." A female reporter ordered, her fellow reporters nodded and inched closer to me.

"They're a group of thugs, they target Hamato Solutions. That's all I know."

"Are you offically working for the Hamato Solutions?" The voices were now jumbled together as the reporters asked questions.

"Yes- well, I think anyways. I work along side my brother, Michelangelo, or Mikey for short."

"What is your name?" The first male reporter asked,

"Donatello, Donatello Hamato- though I am no kin to Leonardo and Raphael Hamato. It was just a common name in Japan, where my father lived." I explained the last name, so the press doesn't push on the idea that our bosses are our family.

"So, Donatello, do you believe the Prowlers attacked your bus on the way back to the Hamato Solutions tower?"

"Yes, or-so, that is what Leonardo said."

"What type of business would have thugs- a certain group of thugs that must have appeared more than once- attack a bus full of its own employees?" A news-reporter asked, one that I remember wrote multiple articles in New York Times against Hamato Solutions.

"These thugs are experienced, their goal is to erupt the Hamato Solutions business. Like any other business in New York City, they fight to have the greatest product and employees to have their business grow. I could say the same for the Prowlers, they were hired by someone to hurt the Hamato Solutions employee rate, one that is fairly high for being the newest company in New York City. Many businesses might feel threatened by the Hamato Solutions' growth over a course of a few years, while other business take decades to get to the wealth of Hamato Solutions'. They feel threatened, and like any other business that feels threatened, they attack. Only this time they attacked physically instead of verbally, mentally or financially." 

The reporters were shocked at my defense for the Hamato Solutions' company. My improvisation of a good defense for the company I worked at, any other way could have led me to get fired.  The New York Times reporter nodded at my response,

"Do you care for the company or the money they are giving you?" the reporter asked me, her crimson painted lips pulling into a smirk.

"I care for protecting what's right." I stated without any hesitation, the words felt familiar, as those someone told me them.

"Like a hero of some sorts?" The reporter questioned with a slightly mocked tone.

"Like someone whose doing justice for a company that did nothing wrong." I shot back at the reporter. "No more comments." I stated and pushed through the huddle of reporters and to my brother.

"Mikey!" I called out and nudged my way through the crowd and over to him. He had a smile on his face while he was joking around with the reporters.

"-and then the machine exploded right in front of his face! He had soot on his face for days." He chuckled along with the reporters, "But, my brother, is truly a genius. He knows exactly what to say and do, like he has a plan for everything. he may not know it, but I really do look up to him- and not because of his height," he joked earning a few chuckles, "But because he's smart, and is all-around calm. He knows exactly what to do and say, how to relate to people, how to respond correctly to things. He's the best brother I could ask for, he's my only brother after all." Mikey smiled at the reporters, all who loved him and asked him questions not related to the Hamato Solutions attack.

"Donatello, Michelangelo, time to head inside." Raphael barked at us, Mikey excused himself from his fans of reporters, and we walked into the Hamato Solutions tower.

"What did you tell them?" Raphael asked us gruffly.

"That it was an accident." Mikey shrugged.

"That it was the Prowlers sent by a competing business." I mumbled, not knowing if it was the right choice or not to tell the press such things.

"Next time, say 'No comment'. We don't want more chaos on our hands." The red-clad mutant stated.

"Yes, sir." My brother replied monotone.

"Yes, Raphael." I replied to our boss. In return, he nodded and set out for his co-workers, Leonardo and Karai.

"I'm guessing that means we have the job." Mikey said smiling after Raphael left.

"Yeah, I guess it does." I responded to my younger brother, "Now let's go home, we have work tomorrow." With that, my brother and I went back to our home in the sewers, hopefully soon we would have enough money to live in an apartment of some sorts. But an eerie feeling casted over my mind, the similarities between my brother and I compared to Leonardo and Raphael, in some cases, I almost believed that we could have been siblings. How many other mutant turtles live in new York City with the same last name and are named after Renaissance artists? But for now, I'll focus on living with my younger brother, and setting a bright future for the both of us, and hopefully become in contact with an old friend to help us out, but our last run in with April O'Neil did not go as planned, and since that day we lost contact. Mikey still doesn't know what truly happened, but now April O'Neil and a friend of hers live in the country at a small barn house, April and Casey live together happily. Who knows what would happen if I asked for their help. After all, more friends are exactly what Mikey and I need to live peacefully in New York City. Not everyone here is keen on letting mutants on the streets, and with a blossoming business like Hamato Solutions, I can only hope good things happen from now on.

~Chapter End~

Thanks for reading everyone! I hope you enjoyed the chapter!! As always, please comment, vote, share and check out the lovely stories listed below:

Lost Control by @k_Borchert

TMNT~ Life by @hb_leo

and our other book, TMNT Together

Chapter by K