Chapter 5

~Leonardo~

In the morning, I drove to Hamato Solutions tower with Raph in the passenger seat. It was kind of pointless to have two cars because we have to same job, and we live in the same home. I was preparing to give our new employees a lecture on talking with the press. I turned on the radio, only to turn it off because all they could talk about was Hamato Solutions recent incident. Suddenly, my phone rang; it was Karai, probably calling to complain. I hit the answer button and put it on speaker so Raph would be included. "Can you believe this!?" She asked iritably. "It's everywhere!"

"I know," I replied. "I haven't seen any interviews on TV yet, but I've listened to the radio. I plan on having a meeting with the employees."

"Well, some of them need to be fired for what they've said about our business. I won't tolerate it," Karai scowled.

"When they check in, I'll have Dianna tell them that there's a meeting at eight this morning, in meeting room two. That should be enough room for all of them, right?" I said.

"That'll work. Thanks Leo," she chimed, seeming happier. That would blow over soon when she had to attend the meeting. "By the way," she started again, "I scheduled you to do an inspection of the lab when the meeting ends. Also, Raph is scheduled to do an inspection of the Mechanic Bay."

"That should work," I agreed. "I have a meeting with a possible sponser at one, and another with a business partner at three."

This time, Raph spoke. "I have a meeting at two with the reporters. I've already thought about what I might say, that's if they're willing to let me speak instead of scrambling over one another like animals."

Karai laughed. "It sounds like you both have an exciting day ahead."

"That's only part of what we're doing today," I replied.

"Okay, see you guys there," she said.

"Alright," I hung up.

We arrived promptly, checking into the fronst desk. "Dianna," I started, "I need you to tell all the newbies about a meeting at eight this morning. Room two should be fit for us all."

"Yes, sir," she said, handing Raph and I our usual coffee and papers. "Raph, your assistant called in. Lynn won't be here today because her son is sick, and she has to take care of him. So, you'll be reporting to a new employee, she's just trying it out, so be easy on her. Her name's Eliza Kingsley, by the way."

"Thanks," Raph replied and headed to the far elevators.

I flipped through the papers briefly before going to the elevators. I got onto the first elevator with a young woman who held the door; I pushed the button for the highest floor in the tower. The girl had long brown hair and brown eyes, her makeup was neatly done, and she wore a red skintight dress that fit her curves perfectly and went below her mid-thigh. She was quite stunning, really. She must be one of the newer employees, because I didn't remember ever seeing her around the building before now, but I did remember interviewing her after Donatello and Michelangelo. "You're new, right?" I asked.

"Yes, sir," she answered. "I'm trying out being an assistant today, I'm filling in for Lynn."

I nodded. "So, you're Raph's sub-in assistant today?"

"Yes, sir," she pulled her red lips into a smile.

I let out a small chuckle. "Well, good luck today. He can be a handfull, especially when he's furious."

"Thanks. I'm going to the top floor, he wants me to take notes for him while he does a quick interview. He said we have a meeting at eight, so that's why he needed me, I guess so it'd be quicker," she explained.

"That's correct," I said as we drew closer to the top floor.

I knew I shouldn't date a person I work with, but it was killing me. We finally reached the top floor, she stepped out first and strutted to Raph's office in red high heels. "Have a good day."

My heart was beating out of my chest. "You too," was all I could say.

I knew it wouldn't be a good idea to have a relationship like what I want in a workplace, but she made me feel something different than what I felt with Karai, or any other woman who paid me. I truely felt flustered; I walked to my office, and sat down at my desk. I read through the papers and mail, they were mostly junk, but some were important. I glanced at the clock on the wall above the door; I had thirty-five minutes until the meeting at eight. The intercom came on. "Hey Leo, did you see my assistant for the day? Damn!" It was Raph, calling to brag.

"Yes, I did," I responded, hoping it didn't sound obvious that I agreed. "What do you need? Because if that was it, you know that the intercoms are for business only. If it's small talk, then you come across the hall to talk in person."

"Yea, yea. I was calling to tell you we can go ahead to the meeting room when we're done. Karai just came and spoke with me about it, she wants us to discuss what we're going to say," Raph explained. "She saw you working at your desk and didn't want to 'disturb' you. Meet me in the hall, because I know your done, there wasn't a lot of mail today."

"Fine," I got up from my desk, abandoning the papers, and met my red clad brother the hall.

We took the elevator to the first floor. Karai waited in the meeting room with her assistant. Soon, Dianna arrived with Eliza. Us bosses sat down next to our assistants; Karai sat at the end of the glass table with Marianne; Raph and Eliza sat down to their right, infront of Dianna and I. "So, I think we should put together a clip of them speaking on the news before we speak," Karai began. "Then, we cut it off and begin speaking. We must insert the idea of 'no comment' in their heads. They won't be allowed speak unless it is a scheduled interview, and have a written speech that is approved by us."

"Sounds good," I agreed, Raph nodded.

"Marianne, get us some computers, please, including ones for yourself, Dianna, and Eliza," Karai turned to her assistant.

In turn, the dirty blonde haired woman nodded and left briefly, soon returning with six laptops. We got to work on the video we would put together for the newbies. We finished five minutes before it started. While the others signed out of their work account, I connected my computer to the TV so we could show the video clips to the new employees. They soon started filling in, taking seats and talking quietly. Marianne and Dianna went to stand in the back, while Karai, Raph, and I stood in the front.  Karai his play on the computer, it turned heads quickly. Some of them watched with wide eyes and red faces, few others smirked, while some looked on with dismay. Karai cut it off, and began talking to them. I signed out of the computer, and Dianna came up to put it away. "Next time you are caught in a flurry of reporters, say 'no comment' and walk away," Karai finished. "Leo or Raph, do you have anything to add?"

Raph shook his head 'no'. "I do," I said. "You all work for Hamato Solutions now," I started. "You must defend your job, fellow employees, and bosses if you do say anything. Don't give them anything useful, though," I ended, my eyes locked with Eliza's, but I casually looked away, even if I became nervous.

Karai nodded, giving her approval. "Meeting Dismissed."

~Chapter End~

Thanks for reading! Please vote, comment, and share!

Check out these awesome books!
TMNT: Together by @fangirls_tmnt
Lost Control by @k_Borchert
Tmnt ~ Life by @hb_leo

★Questions★: What do you think of the book so far? The plot? How we play the characters?

Chapter by H