Chapter 5

"Okay area 5-C has finally been cursed free and yadda yadda...we're done for the night. Great job old partner of mine" Fang comments before landing safely onto a roof before (y/n) joins him. Tonight was just another night for patroling for the two as they came to check over their fair city. 

     Like many nights it seems the male had more energy than the heroin herself. It would make sense as he was a night owl as she was a morning bird. Complete opposites of each other yet fit together very nicely. (Y/n) could only grunt before sitting down on the nearby ledge, exhausted from the parkour the two were doing.

     "Ugh, how can you have so much energy from doing this all the time Fang? Please remind me why can't we have a WEEKLY patrol rather than every night" she complains as her partner in crime sits next to her. In a much calmer manner, then he can only sigh. 

     "Because what if something happens if we miss just one night of patrol. What an innocent gets to attack and we can't be there? All because a certain someone decides that their beauty sleep is much more important than saving lives" Fang could only counter. Deep inside (y/n) he was right but was far too tired to even agree at this point. "God, why must you always like this...even from before you're still the same..."

     "What was that? What do you mean before?" immediately catching his last comment, (y/n)'s attention was on him. Fang could only feel his friend's sudden change in character but not make a move to answer. At that moment he knew, he fucked up. "Fang...what exactly do you mean by before and how am I the same?"

     "I don't kno-"

     "Don't fuck with me, Fang. I know what I heard and it isn't the first time you've mentioned something like that before. You've slipped up a few times and now I'm done with not getting an answer" (Y/n) states with a tone of authority. Usually, she would let it slide but not on this night. With a tired hazy mind, she didn't care if she was overstepping something, she was in a cranky state of mind. "Are you seriously hiding secrets from me? Your best friend? DO you have any idea how fucked up that can be?! I'm giving you my trust here and yet you're trying to pull a fast one?!!"

     "Oh so just because I make a slip up you decide to be an ass about it? Geez, I didn't know I don't have a right to protect you. I have to remember that you miss perfect after all" Fang replies holding back a growl. After all, he wasn't the type to lash out and if he was something truly had to bother him to do so.

     "I can take care of myself thank you very much. I don't want to have some antisocial orphanage to protect when all he ever cares about is himself."

     "...I sometimes wished you understood where I'm coming from instead of making your assumptions. Can't you understand, that I care about you all? So stick that in your thick-head" Fang reply with a piercing glare. (Y/n) couldn't say anything as her expression darkens as she pushes past him. 

     Taking a deep breath Fang follows her back home for the night until the morning comes. Both didn't speak a word to each other which only made Yuuki worry even more as they never seen the two best friends not speak to each other. 

-----------------

     "Stupid mutt..." (Y/n) whines as she bites into her sandwich. At lunch, she decides to go eat with Zane who seems happy to have the company. (Bf/n) would spend most of her time with her while going around to check out the hot soccer team that was nearby, leaving the two other teens. Fang hasn't been seen throughout the day, a part of her was worried and yet another did her best to ignore that feeling.