The Heart wants what it wants

Start from the beginning

"He can change his ways," Jennifer argued.

"This not a cliché romance movie this is life. Do you honestly believe he will change his ways?" Alisha asked.

"I'm certain." Numia nodded surprising us all as we knew that she didn't believe in the cliché stuff.

"Guys I don't have any romantic feelings for any of them," I replied before they start bickering again.

"Tina help us out here." Alisha sighed in defeat.

Tina took her napkin and wiped her mouth before looking at all of us.

"Bella they are all amazing guys and they are all important to you. I know how you are scared of hurting them. But it's alright just follow your heart. So, what is it telling you?"

"Ace, he's-" I started.

Bianca abruptly stood up, "I have to leave for a support class."

"Yeah, I'll go with her," Maya added following her.

"Are they okay?" I asked worriedly as I glanced up to their retrieving figure.

"Yeah, don't worry you know how dedicated Bianca is to her studies." Numia shrugged.

"So what were you saying?" Alisha excitedly inquired.

"Ace he's amazing." I continued.

Alisha beamed.

"But he's like an older brother to me. We can goof around and I know he always has my back." I answered truthfully.

Alisha's face fell.

"Oh." She said.

"Yeah." I dragged.

"Diego is a sweet guy and he deserves nothing more than anything to be happy. He is strong, kind and he's different. He has beautiful blue eyes like the ocean. He always finds me whenever I'm in trouble, moreover, he makes me feel secure." I said absentmindedly.

"Then Derek, on the other hand, is a moron. He's a cocky jerk who's full of himself. He is so hard to understand and 99.9% of the time I feel like chocking him. Whenever I'm with him I always manage to find myself in danger. I hate his annoying smirk and those vibrant green eyes that reminds me of grass." I blurted.

The girls look at me with wide eyes.

Tina smiled before telling me, "You know what you want is not always what you need."

"I'm so confused. You complemented Diego, but the way you talked about Derek is as if you are madly in love with him." Alisha expressed.

"I was literally calling him names. How is that madly in love?" I questioned in disbelief.

"You're in denial." Numia states.

"Sure, I'll see you later," I yelled as I left not wanting them to confuse me even more.

How am I madly in love with Derek?