• Chapter 29 •

Na-Ri's POV
Weird.  Guanlin didn't go to school today.  I texted him, but he didn't read it nor did he answer.  I thought maybe he was very sick.

"Hey, Na-Ri. Where's your lover?"Sohye elbowed me playfully.

"I don't know.  I texted him but he didn't answer,"I sighed.

"Then just go to his house after school, maybe he's sick and can't text."

"You're right."

We were walking to lunch while this was happening. I was curious and wondering where Guanlin was. 

What if Guanlin isn't sick?

I couldn't stop thinking about it.  I didn't talk much at lunch because I was so worried. 

Guanlin. Why aren't you answering my texts?

"Na-Ri, where's Guanlin?"Seonho sat next to me.

"I don't know.  Did we not tell you either?"Seonho shook his head.

I facepalmed and continued to eat my food. 

Where is he?

Guanlin's POV
I didn't go to school.  I'm breaking up with Na-Ri tomorrow.  I didn't want to look at her or else I would've been devastated. 

"I'm sorry, but let's break up.  It's not you it's me,"I kept hitting my head. "No no. Umm. I love you, but let's break up."

I sighed and kept hitting my head.  I was practicing how to break up with her.  How pathetic.  I looked at my phone and saw many notifications from Na-Ri.  I didn't want to have contact with anyone. 

"I don't love you anymore. I'm sorry,"I looked into the mirror. "I'm so pathetic!"

I went to my bed and flopped on it.  I cried into my pillow for a long time.  All I could think about is how I'm going to break up with her.  I thought about how sad she'll be and how sad I'll be.  I won't be there for her for the rest of the high school year.  I'll see her in the hallways and maybe even have classes with her, but I won't be standing next to her.

Bzz~Bzz~Bzz

I looked at my phone hoping it wasn't Na-Ri.  It was my dad. He was facetiming me.  I sat up, wiped my face, and answered the call.

"Hello Dad!"I spoke in Mandarin, trying to be as happy as I could even though I wasn't.

"Hi! How's Korea?"He waved at me.

"It's great."

"Why did you want to live in Korea again?"

"I wanted to find and do something new.  Korea seemed like a nice place."

"Ahh.  I'm glad you're enjoying it. Seen any girls yet?"He teased.

"Umm..."I didn't know what to say. "Nope."

"It's okay. You'll find yourself someone very special someday."

I already did.

We talked for a little longer before he said he had to go to work. I said bye to him and the call ended. I went back to laying down on my bed, thinking about Na-Ri.

Flashback~ (CHAPTER 20)

Guanlin's POV
I was at the police station and the officer was explaining to me how I did the wrong thing.  He was talking a whole bunch and I didn't understand some of the Korean that he was talking about.

"I'm from Taiwan.  I don't understand what some of the things that you are saying,"I shook my head.

The officer started to rub his face and then he spoke to me in Korean, but slowly.  That didn't help at all, but then she came in.  Na-Ri, the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.

"Guanlin,"She walked towards me.

How did she know I was in the police station?  And she came for me at this time?

"He was trespassing, but I'm gonna have to give him a fine."

"Officer, he's a foreigner and he's still new here. He doesn't have as much money to probably pay off a fine. Can you let him off just this once?"She put both of her hands together.

The officer rubbed his face and looked away. Then, he finally looked at us and nodded.

"Fine, you're off with a warning, but don't do it again,"He pointed at me and I quickly nodded.

Na-Ri really just got me out of spending some money. We were walking and she said she could do anything for me because I didn't get her in trouble.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"I asked her with no hesitation.

After her asking me a bunch of times to repeat what I said, I finally get the answer.

"Yes. I'd love to be your girlfriend,"She smiled widely.

That was one of the most best moments of my life.

Out of flashback~

Guanlin's POV
Just thinking about that day. That moment. That answer. That feeling...makes me want to hit myself. That was a special moment and now I'm about to make it worthless. 

"I'm sorry, but we have to break up,"I started practicing in the mirror. "I'm sorry, Na-Ri.  My love for you faded away.  Let's break up."

That sounds like a kdrama.

I started hitting my forehead again and suddenly I got a knock on the door.  I walked over and looked through the peephole and saw that it was her, Na-Ri.  I looked at the time to see that it was already the end of the school day.

Shit shit... okay don't answer it.

I quietly and quickly walked back into my room and laid back down on my bed.  She kept knocking on the door and I heard her say my name a bunch of times.  I didn't say anything to do anything. I stayed laying on my bed, crying.  Eventually, the knocking stopped and I assumed she was gone.  I walked to the door and looked through the peephole and she was gone.  I slid down on my door and started to cry all over again.

I'm so sorry, Na-Ri.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't like some of my classes.

The song I used in this chapter was Red Velvet - One Of These Nights.