"You goofy boy. Come down here and I shall tell you the whole story as I throw you and Georgia in the Refuge for good. No one will hear your cries from there." Georgia looks at Jack nervously. Jack glares at the jail warden.

"Youse a coward for not tellin me da whole story, Snyder," Jack responds and Snyder stiffens at the comment.

"I don't care what you think, boy. Nor do I care of what your apparent friend thinks," Snyder states and looks at them closely. "I didn't think that New York's finest jail birds would become friends. Maybe accomplices. All the better excuse to lock you both up for good." Jack and Georgia both shoot angry looks at the group on the street. Snyder crosses his arms and looks up at them. "Now, are we going to do this the easy way or the hard way?" Jack grabs Georgia and they take off as fast as they can. He pulls over rooftops until they come to the end and see a fire escape. The two take the fire escape, but are surrounded by Snyder and his goons as soon as they land on the ground. Snyder cackles and nods to the police officers. "We've won, men." Jack stands in front of Georgia, but two of the police officers grab her from behind. She struggles to break away from them, but they do not let her go. Jack throws a punch, but only to have it caught by one of the goons. Police officers come and handcuff the two teenagers and throw them in a carriage. Jack's head slams against one of the benches and he falls unconscious. Georgia hurriedly tries to wake him up.

"Jack, come on. Please wake up. I need your help!" She begs, shaking him harder with every passing second that the Newsie leader remains unconscious. Jack does not move and Georgia groans in frustration. Snyder climbs in and looks at the struggling girl. 

"Well, I'm glad that you seem to be adjusting to my accommodations just fine," He snarls with a laugh. "Mr. Kelly seems very comfortable considering what has happened to him recently." Georgia casts a glance at the boy next to her and tries to shield him from Snyder. Unfortunately, this does not stop Snyder from coming over. He yanks up Jack's sleeve revealing a deep purple scar on Jack's shoulder. "This is what happen to children who misbehave or try to leave before their time is up. I will be obeyed at all times." Georgia glares at him.

"I will nevah listen ta youse. All youse want is a couple o extra bucks from me parents. I ain't goin back wid dem," She states and Snyder laughs outright.

"Smart girl. That's right. You are going to stay here with me. Forever. I'm sure you and Mr. Kelly will find your new lives most comfortable," Snyders responds and Georgia frowns at him. She glances around the carriage. There has to be some sort of way out that she cannot see yet. Georgia notices Jack beginning to stir a little bit and Georgia starts to shake him awake again. Suddenly, the carriage stops and two men yank Georgia to her feet. Jack is pulled in between two men and they march the two new prisoners into the Refuge. Snyder shoves Georgia into one cell and Jack into another. The doors lock and Georgia runs over to the barred window. Her small fingers wrap around the bars as she gazes out onto the grim courtyard below.

"Jack!" Georgia shouts, wondering if he can hear her. The only response she gets is a banging on the door from one of the officers, telling her to be quiet. Georgia slams her fists gently down on the concrete wall. She feels tears gradually start to roll down her cheeks.  Why did her parents have to send Snyder after her? She does not break down easily, but the frustration of the situation has driven her up the wall. Suddenly, Georgia hears the sound of a dog barking. Curious and confused, Georgia peeks out the window. A little puppy is running around in the courtyard and Georgia feels a small smile pop up onto her face. She has always loved puppies. Watching the little puppy chase something that Georgia cannot see is adorable. Suddenly, the cell door is swung open and Georgia whirls around. Two police officers advance on her and handcuff her. "Let me go!!" Georgia starts to shout. "You'se ain't real police officers," Georgia shouts again, trying to figure out what exactly is going on. Warden Snyder had somehow managed to either be released or escaped from the prison. That was obvious enough. Georgia's parents had become furious when they had heard the news that the Newsies had won their strike and with Governor Roosevelt's approval put Snyder in prison. These police officers definitely had some sort of part in getting him out of jail at some point recently. Snyder must have some sort of agenda that he is sticking to and Georgia hopes she and Jack can destroy it or put it off long enough for someone to help them. The two police officers continue to walk her through the halls until they arrive at Snyder's old office. Snyder swivels around in his desk chair dramatically with a wicked grin on his face.