Eighteen.

My eyes shot open, the room was filled with cold air my skin suddenly filled with firm goose bumps. Everything around me was fuzzy, I looked over at Lexi who was sound asleep. Passed her, I looked over at the time, the red light flashed 5:00 o'clock over and over again. I sat up trying to not wake Lexi, I slowly calmed down and sunk my weight back into the bed, synchronizing my breaths with Lexi. She rolled over, plenty of space between us, I moved over slightly so she knew I was there. I grabbed my phone from the night stand, the screen lighting up the room. I slid up on the screen searching for the flashlight. I scanned the room in search for a blanket when I spotted some of Lexi's stuff from across the room. Her suit cases perfectly tucked into the corner of my room, with her comfy blanket stacked on top. I slip from under the blanket, feeling my toes as they crinkle under my feet from the cold. I slowly wobble over to the blanket trying to make little to no noise. 

"Tyler, what are you doing?" I heard someone say from the other side of the room. I snapped my head back towards the sound, Tony was standing in the door way inching her head in more and more. A slight smile lurked on my face. I reached for the blanket throwing it over my shoulders.

"Got a little cold." I whispered, I lifted my finger over my lips and pointed at Lexi laying in bed.  "Want some coffee?" I placed my phone in my pocket and walked towards Tony. 

"I'm just getting home from a party and Mom is asleep at her desk again and for some reason dad left the house early this morning, something about a two week work vacation so." She gave me and innocent smile, hoping I wasn't going to get mad. I rolled my eyes and pushed her through the door, slowly closing it behind me. 

~

It was 12:30pm and Lexi still hasn't woken up. Tony left with Matt hours ago, Dad wont be home for two weeks, and Mom went out to find her muse. I sit on the couch and think about how Lexi and I are going to college together. We have a shared room like some hotel rooms there are doors that divide the rooms, so Matt and I got a room together and Tony and Lexi have a room together. I then realize in my thoughts that Lexi only sleeps late when shes on her period. I quickly grab my keys and slide into my shoes. 

~

When I get to the store I grab everything, pads, candy, chips, and her favorite stuff to make grilled cheese. I grab a few things of noodle soup for her to dip it into. I grab the weird mixes of food that she likes, like Doritos and grapes then check out. The guy behind the counter gives me a weird look from everything that sitting on the counter. He places everything into a bag and I instantly head home. My phone starts buzzing in my pocket.

Lexi: Uhh I need stuff

Me: Im on my way back with everything dont worry

Lexi: I love you!!!!!!

~

Weeks Later

"I decided this is the night I want to give Tony that promise ring tonight, we've been together for a whole year now." Matt said to me. I grabbed the black felted box sitting on the counter next to him. Tony and Lexi went out to get things for tonight. 

"Oh my dude this is great, she has to love this." I ran my finger of the diamond band, seeing the shift in the glare as the light bounces off the ring. I place the box gently on the counter looking from Matt to the ring. "So im wearing khakis and Lexi's favorite button down shirt so don't wear blue is what im saying" I muttered as I turned towards the fridge. I grab two sodas and chip dip from the fridge. I crossed the kitchen grabbing wavy chips from a corner cabinet. I walked over to the couch placing everything on the coffee table hoping Matt would join me.