Chapter 2 || Of Alley Ways And Chick Flicks

Vote and comment if you liked this chapter!!!

Chapter 2 || Of Alley Ways And Chick Flicks

"I'm not so sure about this Clover..." I heard Miranda say behind me as we walked through the hardware store.

I scoffed. "You said you needed more excitement in your life, well I got nothing better to do then bring it. So suck it up. We're doing this."

"Bu-but can't we just start with something a little bit smaller than this? You know start small and work my way up?" She said.

I rolled my eyes "We are doing this the way you learn to swim. jumping in and just doing it." I answered her.

So maybe I was being a little bit mean, forcing her to do this and all. But starting with something small just wouldn't be any fun for me. That just sounded really selfish there... What I really mean is that I just need something to blow off some steam before I go to sleep tonight. It had been a long day. And this was how I blew off steam. Miranda was basically just my ride. But it really was a win win situation. She wanted more excitement, and like I said before, I needed to blow off some steam.

We walked down the aisle together, when we got to the paints section, I looked for the spray paint, spotting it I walked over and grabbed a couple of bottles off the shelf. Grabbing Miranda's arm I pulled her to the front of the store to where we could pay.

I set the cans down, not looking at the cashier, while I searched through my bag for my wallet. when I looked up I was surprised to find the tall loony boy standing there smiling at me with a bruised nose.

I raised an eyebrow at him "Hows that nose treating you?" I asked, waiting for him to bring up the price for the paint.

"Great." Was his simple answer. That was unusual, from what I could tell. I mean I only had a short conversation with the guy, so I guess I couldn't really tell.

He gave me the price for the paint and I paid him cash.

"Well, guess I'll see you around." I said awkwardly, and then i started to walk away. I sort of felt really bad about giving him that broose. Sometimes I really just needed to learn how to control my temper.

"Hey wait!" I heard the tall loony boy yell from behind me. I stopped and turned around as I saw him run up to me.

He stuffed his hands in his pockets and rocked back and forth on his heels a bit before he started to speak "I was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime, or something?"

I cocked an eyebrow at him, while at the same time giving him a small smirk, "Are you asking me out on a date?" I asked.

"Uh... maybe?" He said.

I rolled my eyes "It was nice of you to ask tall loony boy, but the answer is no." I stated. I tried to be nice while I did so, kind of as a sorry for bruising his nose. But it was hard, considering I forgot his name and I accidently just called him 'tall loony boy'.

He gave me a deadpanned expression, "My name's Jack." he said. It was very different from his smile that he seemed to wear quite a lot.

"Ok, well sorry, but see me and Miranda gotta get out of here, I'll see you around Jake. Nice talking to you!" I said as I pulled Miranda out the door.

The last thing I heard when I walked out of the hardware store was tall loony boy yelling "My name is Jack!"

|/<>\|

"I can't believe you turned down Jack Oakland! He is probably one of the hottest guys that is in this town, not to mention one of the nicest. The boy is a plain sweetheart!" Miranda yelled at me.