"Oh? And who might they be?"

"Irrelevant." I curtly responded.

"Yujin, answer my question. Now." She demanded.

"You wouldn't know them if I told you." I tried to sway her away from the topic.

"Oh I beg to differ." She harshly swung her purse from her shoulder, grabbing and unfolding a paper before slamming it onto the kitchen table. "Care to explain why I received this in the mail?"

I warily eyed the flyer. On it was a picture of Got7 and BTS all lined up, their arms thrown over each other with glowing smiles on their faces. Above them was a statement regarding their performance, and I was puzzled as I wondered why she was showing me this. But as my eyes trailed down to the corner of the page, I felt my mouth dry and my hands begin to sweat.

'Choreography in collaboration with Min Yujin'

I folded the paper and left it on the table, glancing back at my mother who's hard expression was unkind. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" She spat.

I gulped, moistening my tongue again before answering. I wasn't going to continue to let her bully me any longer. "I'm doing what I want for once, mother, and I'm not going to apologize for it."

She dropped her arms to her side, her eyes blazing. "Why are you wasting your time on these fantasies? I thought I told you last time that dance was not in your future."

I swallowed hard remembering the night in the practice room when she called me, recounting the pain in my chest when she had revealed to me that she had called the agency running the competition and retracted my name from the contestants' list. I'd never felt so betrayed, so miserable, in my life before that moment.

"Why can't you be there for me? If you were any kind of mother you'd support me rather than bash me. How come you're never like this with Yoongi? Why me, huh?" I fired, becoming heated from all the pent up emotion.

She faltered for only a moment. "Yoongi actually has talent and I recognized that. You," she eyed me with distaste, "would go nowhere. And I saw that. That's why I forced you into business, so you wouldn't tear down our family name with your inevitable failure."

My heart ripped in two hearing her words. They were sharp, like daggers, as they pierced through my tough facade and cut right through me, into my deepest insecurities. I fought back the tears that threatened to spill and clenched my fist. "What did I ever do to you?!" I shouted, bewildered. "What happened from the time I was a child, when we were inseparable, to now? What did I do?!"

"You never grew up!" My mother yelled. "You're still stuck in these childish fantasies, hoarding these dreams, thinking you can do whatever you like. Wake up, Yujin! You're an adult, act like one!"

"I am!" I fumed. My face, my chest, my whole body was hot from the intensity of the situation and of the things I was feeling. "I'm taking charge of my life now, mother, I'm not going to let you order me around like some puppet any longer. I deserve happiness, too!" She took a step back as I screamed the last sentence, shocked at my outburst. "Now get the hell out of my apartment."

Her eyes widened as she gaped at me and stood taller. "What did you just say to me?" She asked menacingly; an attempt to intimidate me.

But I was done.

"Did I stutter?" I said. "Get out. Come back when you understand what it means to be a mother."

I watched, frozen in place, as she aggressively picked up her purse and whirled away from me, slamming the door shut as she exited the apartment. I collapsed onto my floor, the tears that had been pooling in my eyes finally spilling.

Why was she like this? What did I do to her? Why could Yoongi live his life freely while I was chained down?

As thoughts consumed me, I slowly crawled my way over to the fridge. Not seeing what I was searching for, I made my way to my pantry, opening a new package.

~*~

I couldn't remember how many drinks I'd had. I stopped counting after 5 or 6, and by then I didn't really have the ability to count, anyway. I burped a hiccup, giggling to myself in my empty apartment. The atmosphere outside reflected my mood, with the sun now set and the streets damp from the rampant rain. Lightning ripped through the sky as thunder rumbled my apartment.

I reached my hand into the box in search of another bottle, pouting when I came up empty-handed. With much effort, I stumbled to my feet, swaying left and right as I attempted to gain some balance. I exited my apartment, glued to the wall so I wouldn't fall over, reaching my hand into my pocket to pull out my phone.

My fingers moved lazily as I searched through my contacts, pressing a name and hiccuping again as I entered the elevator.

"Hello?"

I giggled hearing the voice on the other line. "Oppa!"

"Doll?"

~*~

I originally wasn't gonna update today but a certain someone convinced me ;)