Chapter 20

*2 Months Later*

Louis' POV

My mum and dad were currently talking to me in the living room, Doris and Ernest were sitting on the carpet playing with some potato head or something like that while I was on the armchair with my parents on the couch. The girls were at school and I had the telly quietly in the background.

"So you need to start being nicer to Eleanor and acting like her boyfriend, sticking with her and defending her against people being rude so the two of you can actually start some sort of relationship before this Saturday, so today you're picking her up from school." I was just about to complain until she added to this bad news, "Then you will be bringing her from school to here for dinner, just so that we can get reacquainted with her."

"No, I pick HARRY up from school. Not girls like HER!" I whined, disgusted and annoyed. I received a stern look from my father, "Fine, I'll do it. But I'm going out now to check on Perrie."

I didn't give them time for a response as I made my way to the house I thought about Zayn and Perrie's situation. I hadn't really asked them how they felt about it all, last month Perrie announced she was pregnant so she was taking it easy.

I knocked on the door and it was immediately open with Zayn standing in the doorway, smiling. "Hey, Lou! How's your week been so far?"

"Well even though it's only Wednesday, I already hate this week. You?" He turned around and smiled, to Perrie I presumed, then replied happier than I thought he would.

"Perrie hasn't been feeling as bad as last week so she's been in a way better mood, we've just been having movie nights and snuggling so my week has been pretty damn good." His facial expression just showed his love for Perrie and the baby, he seemed to really enjoy the closeness of them cuddling.

"Where's Perrie now?" I realized I hadn't heard her at all or seen her so I thought I'd ask.

"She's just having a nap, she's been kinda tired recently. How's it going with Ha- Eleanor?" I knew he was about to say Harry but changed it because of how annoyed this arranged marriage made me. I looked down and sighed.

"I have to start actually acting like I'm dating El and be nice to her, they're making me pick her up from school." He winced at the last bit since he knew I only ever did that for Harry, there was a moment of silence so I answered the question he was thinking but not saying. "Haz and I have been a bit less close but still majority of the time we're normal. His cast got removed and his arm is healed so thats good, but he still has no idea I'm getting married in a few days."

----

Harry's POV

I had my car back but I still just chose to leave it at home and get a lift, Niall was the one who brought me to school so I assumed he was dropping me home. School had just ended so I walked out to the carpark and was over the moon when I spotted Louis waiting next to his car and looking for someone, he was facing away from me so I walked up behind him and spoke happily.

"I didn't know you were picking me up today. You excited for Friday? We're going out again, remember." He flinched and turned around when I spoke, then a guilty look plastered itself on his face, confusing me a lot.

"Well, actually... I'm-" Suddenly he was interrupted by an all-too-familiar voice that I dreaded hearing. I was roughly pushed to the side causing me to slam into the side of the car, I felt a tiny bit of blood drip from the side of my head.

"Get out of my way, gaybo! And would you watch where you're going next time, you just walked into the side of his spotless car and made it infested!!! Babe, will you please get rid of this faggot?" She kissed him on the cheek while stroking his chest, her other hand was wrapped around his back. And my heart was crushed.

I knew they were to get married someday but they'd barely talked to each other up until this moment. What was so special about now? I looked to Louis hopefully, he wouldn't just dismiss me for her, right? He'd never do that to me.

"Uh, yeah." Wrong. He looked at me and nodded his head in a different direction, signaling for me to leave.

Tears pricked at my eyes, threatening to fall. I turned around when I felt a tap on my shoulder, it was Niall. "Mate, where've you been, I've been waiting by the car for ages?"

"Right, sorry Ni." I silently followed him to the car, holding in my tears and ignoring my sadness. I could feel his eyes burning through me but I payed no attention to him, even in the car ride, nobody talked. It was just the faint sound of the radio playing quietly through the car.

I was dropped home and ran straight up to my bedroom, streams of tears rushing down my cheeks. I entered my room and threw my bag at the wall, I collapsed face down onto my bed to cry into my pillow. He just ignored the fact that she was being rude to me and hurt me.

I lifted my head up when I heard two car doors and laughter, when I peeked out my window I spotted Lou's car out the front of his house. Eleanor and him were entering his house, she was laughing and he had a straight face, honestly he looked like he was not enjoying himself but that's what I thought before he watched me get bullied and did nothing.

Still, I was going to try to meet with him on the ledges like usual and check if he was still coming Friday. Maybe he had an actual reason and I just had to hear him out?