Chapter 13

Louis' POV

I introduced Harry to heaps of other Betas and Omegas and he got on with just about everyone. I didn't want him to meet Zayn just in case Zayn said something, he was a very teasing person.

We were on our way out of the woods when he decided to ask what that was for, "So, why did you just make me meet a bunch of people living in random houses in the woods that I don't think anyone knows are there? And who were all those people?"

He looked so confused and interested so I vaguely explained, "I introtuced you to them all because you deserve to know about me and my world. Those people are like family to us, you can't say anything to anybody about them or the woods or their houses. Got it?" He looked down for a moment before looking up at me in thought, "So, I can't tell Niall?"

I bit my lip and looked down feeling slightly guilty that Niall knew before Harry did, but it wasn't my choice, "Actually... he already knows. Everything." He looked down trying to hide his hurt expression with a smile and a nod of understanding.

Suddenly something clicked in his mind when he popped his head up to ask another question, "By 'everything', what do you mean? Because for me you just introduced me to some people and said you wanted me to be a part of your world, I don't even know what you mean by 'your world' so clearly I don't know everything. Did you tell him all about your world or something?" I stayed silent because I didn't know what to say, he took my silence as yes and then asked another question that broke my heart a little, "Do you want me to stay out of your world? Is he just better company than me or do you not trust me enough?"

I looed up at him with sad eyes, "How could you even think that, Haz? You mean everything to me and I trust you with my life. That's sorta why I didn't tell you everything, I'm afraid that you'll hate me and you'll leave me forever without looking back. It wasn't even my choice to tell Niall, he walked in while I was crying and I thought he was one of my friends so I accide-"

He stopped my talking and grabbed my arm, looking very concerned, "Why were you crying, Boo?" I blushed very hard at the nickname, which I assumed he'd pulled out of 'boobear', but my smile and blush faded instantly when I remembered the reason I was crying. I was so worried about his reaction to what my dad had said, "My father has arranged for me to marry some girl from our rival pa- group thing. He doesn't even care that I found the person I'm gonna love forever, he won't even try to get me out of it."

"You can't stop the marriage?" I shook my head, "Oh, so um... who is this person you were talking about? The one you're gonna love forever." I instantly froze, I can't tell him that it's him who I'm talking about after I've said something like that. It'll scare him off.

"Um, just a friend of mine that I've known for quite a bit." His lips squeezed shut into a thin line and he nodded, looking away for something to change the subject with. "You should come out with Niall and me again next time we do something, I really enjoyed last time."

I blushed, for about the 28th time that night, thinking about the events that had occured the last time we had all gone out. "Yeah, absolutely. I think I'd really like that." I smiled.

"Great, maybe you could invite your wife-to-be or that special person you wanna love forever," He mumbled out bitterly under his breath. I was pretty sure I wasn't supposed to hear but I have really good hearing, obviously, "Um, listen, I have to go home. My family will freak if they notice I'm not in my room like they think I am. Bye, Lou!"

Then he ran.

"The person I wanna love forever is already invited." I replied to his first sentence as if he was still standing with me.

Harry's POV

"What has Louis told you about his little world?" I asked as soon as Niall picked up. He stuttered some useless junk, obviously surprised by the random question, "Actual english sentences would help right about now, you know."

"Well, what has he told you?" I growled out his name in a warning way to make him just tell me, "It really is something he needs to tell you himself..."

"Well, he isn't doing that and I wanna know. So spill!" There was a silence on the other end of the line until I heard him sigh, then he started talking. He only said one sentence that confused me more than anything else I had heard.

"He isn't exactly human, niether are the people he introduced you to... That's all I can say." Then the call ended. I had to talk to Louis, but I had no idea what I was going to say. 'Not human'? If they aren't human what are they? What is he? I fell asleep with those questions swarming my mind, it took a while to actually fall asleep but after about an hour or two I could no longer hold my eyelids open and my breathing had evened out a lot.

----

The sunlight was peering through my window and landing straight on my face, blinding me the second I opened my eyes. With my arm in front of my face blocking the light, I stood up and stretched letting out a groan. With my clothes picked out I went for a shower and came out half an hour later with a towel around my waist, I removed the towel and picked up my skinny jeans and slid them on, I pulled the sweater over my head and slipped on some shoes.

After brushing my teeth and spraying a little deoderant I grabbed a banana and walked outside. Niall was already waiting for me in his car out the front when I exited the house, "Hey, Hazza" I rolled my eyes at him, still annoyed that I didn't find anything out last night. Once I climbed in the car he started talking again, "So how was your night?" "Cut the crap, tell me; if they aren't human, what are they?" Niall looked to the road an started the car, completely ignoring me, "Tell me what they are!" He simply shook his head.

I banged my head against the car seat a couple times then spoke again but this time to myself, "What are they?" Then I saw Louis climbing into his car, he smiled at me like we always do but it only made me sad as I remembered what he said the night before, "What is he?"

I couldn't believe his father would force him to marry, but that wasn't even the worst part. The worst part was the fact he already loved someone, I wished silently that the someone was me but I knew it wasn't. I was just a friend to him, close friend if anything but not a love interest, he didn't see me like that.

He never would. And that fact scared me more than anything, the boy I had loved for years would only ever see me as a close friend. Nothing more.