XLI | The L-Word

Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.

-Mark Twain

XLI | THE L-Word

Three months passed by like a quick breeze, which meant me and Reece have been dating for exactly four months in total by now. The school year would be ending in about four months, so we would be seniors this year.

I honestly couldn't wait to be a senior, I'm a little bit afraid about college, but Gwen said it's easy if you just study and focus hard. Me and Reece really haven't discussed if we are going to the same college or not, to be honest, I don't really want to ask, the fear of us parting ways scares me.

Me and Reece walked down the halls, hand in hand. Today was just a regular day for me, nothing out of the ordinary had happened.

Once we reached my locker, I saw my friends gathered around, balloons on my locker. "Happy birthday, Violetta!" Ocean squealed, walking up to me and giving me a bear crushing hug. I wished I had time to escape since she basically crushed my ribs.

"Ocean, she can't breathe," Reece said, removing her gently from me.

"Happy birthday, bestie," Ronnie smiled, walking up to me and hugging me along with the others. I told everyone thank you as I opened my locker, resulting in confetti to be blown on my face. I coughed some out of my mouth as Zoey and Laurianne helped remove some from my hair.

I grabbed my biology notes with a frown on my face and closed my locker.

"Someone isn't happy about the day she was born," Landon mumbled to Jake and Chase, in which I obviously heard because he can't whisper to save his life.

Why should I? I mean, I was just another year older. I never really saw the big deal about birthdays. Sure, it was the day we were born, but not everyone was as ecstatic about it as others.

Reece, Miles, Jake, Ronnie, and I walked into biology class. Me and Ronnie took our regular seats in the middle, while the boys went to the back of the room.

Mr Simon walked into class and rested his briefcase on his table, he licked his yellow teeth and clapped his hands and without saying anything, he started to write on the board.

"Okay, so today we are going to talk about immunology, let's start by the definition obviously," he spoke loud, writing on the board as we brought out our notes, "now, this is the study of a branch of biology that covers the study of immune systems in al--," before Mr Simon could continue, Reece interrupted him by walking to the front of the room.

"Mr West, what is the meaning of this?" Mr Simon shouted, Reece scrunched his nose due to Mr Simon's breathe. I swear I need to find out his birthday, so I can buy him a toothbrush, toothpaste, and some deodorant, hmm, maybe some Axel spray too.

Reece coughed, waving his hand in front of his face, so Mr Simon's breathe would be wafted away.

"Shut it, baldie, now today is my baby's birthday," Reece said smirking at me. I bowed my head in embarrassment, but Ronnie quickly dragged my head up. "So, yeah you all should wish her a happy birthday, but don't think this is an opportunity for any of you boys to flirt with her, or I'll kill you," Reece threatened, glaring at every boy in the class. He then smirked. "Have a nice day," he spoke, before he went back to his seat, making sure to ruffle my hair. I groaned as I tried to fix the mess he did to my hair.

Just like he said, people told me happy birthday throughout today, it was also because, during one of my classes, Reece asked Principal Wesley if he could use the loudspeaker, making him say happy birthday to me and that everyone should wish me a happy birthday, this causing me to get a  happy birthday card, and some gifts, I didn't even know some of these people, I guess that's one of the perks of dating Reece West.