XVII | Godfather

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

-Eleanor Roosevelt

XVII | GODFATHER

"Thanks a lot, Miles, I won't be surprised if we are now officially banned from the amusement park," Ocean frowned as we all entered into the now almost empty parking lot of the amusement park, except for the girl that was with Landon before.

Miles replied in a short voice of pain as Chase and Jake tried to steady him from falling, "it's not my fault," he tried to reassure, causing Zoey to glare at him.

"First, I warned you not to go on that ride and second, who the hell eats before going on a rollercoaster?" she complained as we all made our way to our cars.

"I'm the one who still has vomit on his shirt! All of you, leave me alone," he snapped, whining at the same time.

"You're lucky I've got a spare shirt in the back of my truck," Chase shook his head, walking over to his truck to remove a plain grey T-shirt, throwing it to Miles, who only just caught it.

"Thanks, dude," he murmured, removing his shirt, causing his eight-pack abs to show gracefully. I looked at everyone, seeing their reactions. Ronnie slightly smirked at the sight, while Ocean was taking selfies, puckering her lips while doing so. Laurianne was talking to someone on the phone now and Chase was typing on his phone, Zoey just looked at Miles with a neutral face like the rest of the boys as if this wasn't her first time of seeing his completely naked chest.

Miles went to a nearby garbage and threw his old T-shirt inside, "why did you throw it away?" I asked and he shrugged.

"I have plenty of other shirts to use," he shrugged like it was worth nothing to him. I rolled my eyes completely forgetting that just like Reece, he was also rich.

Ocean sighed dramatically, "can we go now?"

"Where do you suggest we go to?" Laurianne asked.

Ocean thought for a moment before answering. "We can all go over to my house, my parents won't be home until later on," she said and we all nodded before getting into our respectful cars.

I turned to Reece to see him looking more distant than I had ever seen him. "Are you sure you're okay?" I asked again and I watched as he bit his lip and turned on the engine of his car we were now in.

"Y-yeah," He said clearing his throat, the stutter a clear sign of a lie. I rested my hands on my lap.

It couldn't be about Brooke, right? If it was about her, I couldn't help but feel the small jealousy as it entered into my body. It hurt to admit that I think I actually might be liking Reece now. I know it's crazy and stupid, liking someone who probably doesn't even like you back and will still end up being with his girlfriend at the end of the day. But I was still grateful either way, what if I didn't accidentally hit the windshield of his car? That meant me and Reece might have never even acknowledged one another and I would still think he was a stuck-up, annoying, rich, popular boy. Even if me and Reece do not end up together at the end, at least we would still be friends. I hope.

I turned to him and gave him a half smile, "whatever it is I know you will get through it," I said and I watched the end of his mouth twitch indicating he was debating whether to smile or not. The rest of the car ride consisted of peaceful silence.

 The rest of the car ride consisted of peaceful silence