XVIII | Back to Square One

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

-Mark Twain

XVIII | BACK TO SQUARE ONE

My alarm woke me up around an hour before ballet class. I groaned, rolling out of bed to go do all of my morning duties, including a very long stretch that was very relieving. I changed into a pink top and sweats with some sneakers, grabbing a gym bag and neatly placing my ballet dress, tights, water and shoes inside. I quickly wrapped my hair in a bun and jogged downstairs.

I found my dad drinking some coffee as well as my Mom as they discussed something. I assumed the rest of my siblings were still asleep since they were not downstairs.

"Morning," I greeted the both of them, Dad would be leaving for Florence in about four hours so I should be back before he leaves to say goodbye.

"Morning, how was your night?" My Mom said with curious eyes.

I shrugged in response, "Same old, same old." I walked towards the fridge to grab some orange juice. I knew it would taste horrible with the mint toothpaste aftertaste, but I needed a drink before heading to the dance studio.

"Okay, make sure you're back before I leave then," my Dad smiled and I nodded, finishing my drink and telling them both goodbye for now. I grabbed my car keys and made my way to the front door before heading to the front porch. I groaned as the sun shined on my face, I was not a morning person at all.

I got inside my car and started the engine and began to drive towards the direction of the dance studio. I yawned, I was still extremely tired from last night's movie night even though we only watched one movie.

But during the movie Landon and Miles wouldn't shut up, so we had to pause the movie every now and then. I thought Miles was going to be a problem during the movie, but Landon was almost as worse as Miles was.

I parked my car under the shade of a tree in the dance studio parking lot and got out. I stretched slightly and prayed to God Mrs Vergine wouldn't shout at me today. Just like my grandmother and Brooke, she was another person who hated me. But I didn't know the reason why she hated me, I've been attending this class since the seventh grade and the woman still never liked me. At first, I accepted it and let her insult me, but then one day I snapped and finally fought back, (not physically of course).

I sighed as I entered the dance studio. The girls from my class were already stretching and practising ballet moves. I greeted some of my dance friends and quickly went into the changing room to get changed into my costume. Once done, I joined the other girls in a single straight line as Mrs Vergine walked in, causing me to immediately roll my eyes.

"Good morning class, you know the drill, start with plié, do at least thirty spins then grande jeté," She greeted with her thick French thick accent.

I slightly yawn due to tiredness, causing Mrs Vergine to glare at me. You have got to be kidding me.

"Is there a problem Miss Maxwells?" She asked, looking me up and down in disgust.

I rolled my eyes once again. "The only problem is: it's 9:30 in the morning and I'm tired okay, so lay off," I snapped at her. She started this war first and I am not going to let her win it.

She glared at me one last time before going to the music box and placing a simple harmony for us to dance to. We all stood in our positions and started to do plié. We had a dance competition in a few months and if we lose Mrs Vergine will have our heads. Most likely literally.