Chapter 1 "The Beginning"

I am Mirena Dakota. I was living in a house that I bought 4 years ago. This place wasn't populated. There was peace. And I needed that! I was living in here all alone. but 7 months ago, there was construction going on in front of my house. looks like someone finally thought to live here. but whoever was going to live here, they had loads of money. because the house or should I say "Mansion" was building pretty quick.

I only saw the workers leaving after midnight ; and they came back early in the morning. WOW! they don't rest much now...do they? Whoever was the owner, they had pretty good taste. If only I could live there. hehe.. after all these months, the Mansion looking house was finally made. One night I was in my living room watching television.

Nothing was interesting and I was hoping there would be something to get my interest. Looks like God heard me. I heard a noise from the outside. Someone  just shut the engine.. or engines. I looked out of the window by pulling the curtains on the side ; just to see a truck. Then few trucks came by. Those trucks were loaded with stuff. So finally the person who was going to live here, finally arrived.

I wanted to see who that person was. But all I could see was the workers who put the stuff inside the house/mansion. Well, it was pretty late...it was close to midnight. only the workers were in my view...or so as I thought. After the truck was almost empty, I saw someone coming out of the truck. What was I able to see under the moonlight , was a tall figure. That guy had short dark curly hair. His complexion was light but not too light.

More like creamy caramel. His features were sharp and delight to look at. His jaw. His nose. His everything. He was just.... Perfect! If he could look like THIS under the moonlight, I wonder how he will look under the sun?  He suddenly stopped in his tracks. I wonder why?  He looked concentrated...I wonder on what? Then Suddenly.... suddenly his head flipped towards the window I was standing in.

I just jumped and hid behind the curtains ..breathing fast. Was my stare that intense that he was able to feel it? He scared me though. After some seconds, I looked out again. But he was gone. In fact, everybody was gone... But I did not heard any engine starting? Oh well, I must be really scared. I paid a little more attention towards the house and went to my room , upstairs ; thinking to greet the new neighbor on the way. Although I was expecting more members. The house is huge you know. Never mind. His house his life. But I thought , I should not disturb him. He just arrived.

Let him settle in first. I will meet him next time. As I got into my room, I  wanted to take a shower. Few minutes later when I came back from the shower in my towels, I opened my cupboard to take out my nightwear. I took out my black pyjama shorts and a black tank top. No undergarments , because I prefer sleeping without them. I placed the nightwear on my bed and took the towel off that was on my head and placed it on my bed.

I brushed my hair with my fingers. I was about to take off the towel that was wrapped around my body. As my back was revealed , I felt a cold breeze on my back. I turned around to find out that my window was open. But I remember closing it. I always do that at night. For safety reasons. ALWAYS! maybe I forgot about it this night...maybe. although I remember closing it. But well, maybe I was too concentrated on the guy next door, that I didn't paid much attention. Gladly, only my bareback was visible. I wasn't completely nude.

I  walked towards the window to close it. Suddenly the wind started blowing too fast. My damp hair were flying everywhere. The curtains were flying too inside. My towel was loosening ,so I tightly tugged it. As I grabbed the handle of my "outside opening window", I saw the man. The neighbor. He was standing there. Not moving. And looked like not even breathing. He was just standing there. I was only able to see his silhouette. It was dark in the room that he was in.

Only a candle was able to be seen behind him. Maybe his electricity was gone or the wires were needed to be fixed. but why he even settled when the electricity was yet to be set? I don't know? But just strange... Maybe I should stop thinking too much. Yeah. That's what I should do. Plus I have never thought about someone so much before.

And for a stranger ; whom I have never talked to even.... Unlike me. But I just could  not and cannot stop. He kept staring. Maybe that was his bedroom. And I did not realized that I was staring at him the whole time I was thinking all this.  What I didn't noticed more was that, my towel was about to fall . Even I tugged it tightly. I got out of my trance when the hair got into my eye.

I rubbed it. And I noticed the towel and wrapped it again before it could fall.  When I looked up, the man was gone. Looks like whenever I look for him more than once, he just disappears. The wind was back to normal. Strange.  Everything around him is strange  though. I closed the window .

Tightly more this time. I then changed into my nightwear and cut the lights off. I got into my bed and before I knew, I fell asleep in the comfort of my bed.