Drooling at Her Feet

Rogue's POV-

"Rogue are you... Gay?"

I froze completely in my spot as her words repeatedly spoke throughout my head. It was like the entire world froze itself. I knew that this day would come, but I totally imagined it differently. I didn't want it to happen like this. I don't even know what to do now.

"Well Rogue, are you...?" Hayden said a little uneasily, but I couldn't help but notice a verrrrrrrry tiny ounce of hope in her voice. 

'She can't even look at me.' I thought to myself as I sighed and rubbed my thumbs together thoughfully while looking down at my shoes; only concentrating on them while I tried to figure out what to do.

"No... I'm not gay." I said with as much "truth" as I could comprehend. 'Stupid! Why did you tell her that lie! You could have finally told her you have been in love with her for years now and this is how you're going to tell her? You just practically say you're straight when we all know that you're probably the gayest person on this planet? I can't believe you.' I said arguing with myself. 'I don't even know why I told her I wasn't a lesbian. I mean she doesn't seem to be homophobic at all so it would have been alright to tell her? No, she would have been upset with me because I haven't told her sooner.  In fact she would have been infuriated. Maybe I should just keep this to myself.. Will I ever be able to bring myself to tell her the full blown truth? I doubt it'

I looked away from my shoe and found that Haydens eyes were fixed upon my own. For a -very- brief second I saw a glimpse of hurt and sadness, but that disappeared as quickly as it arrived. 

Hayden smiled. "Okay, I just wanted to make sure because I was scared you were hiding something like that from me. You know that I don't judge people so you don't have to worry. We're basically like sisters; you can tell me anything that's on your mind."

'Damn not only have I been permanately friend zoned I have also been family zoned. Well this fucking sucks. That was probably the only opportunity I would have told her I was a lesbian. I can't believe I just lied to her and ruined it all for myself. Y'know my life really sucks.... IDEA! What if I just tell her I was gay now? I doubt she wouldn't mind. But, wait.. like I said earlier she would be infuriated with me and I really don't feel like fighting again considering the fact that we just fought. But, I know one thing for sure, I'm going to tell her soon just not now.'

"Helloooo, earth to Rogue. Where did your mind go?" Hayden said, waving her hands in front of my face with an adorable smirk planted across her face.

I blinked my eyes a couple of times and looked at her giving her a shy smile while my face turned a slight shade of pink. "Sorry, I was just... Thinking about of what I was going to do tonight with Reese."

Haydens face lit up and her smile broadened. "You're hanging out with Reese tonight?!" She squealed obnoxiously.

I rolled my eyes at her, but still held my smirk. "Yeah, but it's not what you're thinking. Reese actually wants me to meet this girl tonight. How he has been explaining her she sounds sweet. Oh and her name is Roma. She's supposedly a new girl? Did you have a new girl at all in your house in school?" I asked curiously wondering if she knew about Roma at all. I want to know a few more things about her before I decided to meet her.

Hayden scrunched her nose thoughtfully. 'She's too freaking cute when does that! Ugh.' "Roma, Roma... Roma?" She thought out loud this time quietly repeating Roma's name over and over again. 

"OH! ROMA! THE HOT NEW GIRL?" She screamed out a little to loudly. 

I jumped slightly by her sudden out burst. "Hot.. New girl?" I raised and eyebrow.

Hayden nodded. "Yeah, since the day she arrived, which I can recall was about last Tuesday, maybe? Anyways, she's like the 'Big Thing" now. All of the guys are drooling over her, but oddly enough she rejects every single one that even tries to ask her out. I mean, c'mon! If I had all of the hot guys drooling at my feet I'd feel like a queen, but she just brushes them off. It's just weird."

"So she just basically ignores them all?" I ask curiously. 'What if Roma's... No, I shouldn't even go to assumptions like that. But... It wouldn't hurt if I just asked Reese about it.'

"Mhmmm, yeah. She's very pretty though and extremely nice. Well, she was nice when I talked to her. I really don't know that much about her." Hayden smiled, "You said you were going to meet her, right? Would it be okay if I tagged along? Nathan's busy so I really don't have anything to do and you know how my dad is when I'm just being lazy at home. You know I love him dearly, but doesn't it get super annoying when he keeps trying to make you do things to occupy yourself? I mean what if I just wanted to have a lazy day, yknow?"

I noddded knowing exactly what she meant. This one time Hayden and I were hanging out at her house and were just being two bums sitting on the couch doing nothing and her dad came home from work so he could tell us to clean his house since we weren't doing anything. We spent that whole day cleaning. It was horrible! 

I don't think Reese would mind if I invited Hayden to hang out with us. He knows Hayden and I are practically joined at the hip so it shouldn't be that much of a surprise if she were to come along. 

"Okay, I'll just have to notify Reese that I'm bringing you along." I told Hayden.

Hayden jumped off the bed and screamed, "YES!" 

I laughed at her goofy-ness as I stood up from my bed and hugged her. 

"I'm glad we got everything sorted out. I hope God we don't ever have an argument like that again." I said while she hugged me back. "But, unfortunately right now I have to head into the shower. I don't want the new girl to think I have bad hygiene." I released Hayden from my embrace and ran into the bathroom as I heard Hayden giggle at my sudden movement. 

"I'll be out in like 20 minutes so make yourself at home. Oh and my mom told me she had to go into work today so she isn't here. Maybe we could go out for lunch before Reese picks us up?" I yelled through the bathroom door while hopping into the shower.

"Yeah, we could do that!" Hayden yelled through the other side of the door in response.

'Hopefully today will turn out much better than yesterday. I'm actually looking forward to meeting Roma. If Hayden considers this girl to be hot then she must be gorgeous.' I thought to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm soooo sorry for the late update. I had to go to a funeral on Saturday because my cousins Grandma died and then I had to hang out with my cousin for most of the week because she lives in Utah so I barely see her. Honestly, I don't really like my cousin, but I dealt with her 'cause her grandmother just died. 8l I was also forced to hang out with my friends again, don't get me wrong I love them dearly and hanging out with them is so much fun, but I was just not feeling well this week either. My one ex I talked about last time is annoying me on end and now my OTHER ex randomly told me weird shit about 'us.' Okay now I'm just talking about myself, sorry guys.

might  update the next chapter during this week, but I really can't make any promises. I seriously have no idea where I want to take this. The only ideas I have would be for future chapters.. Omg maybe I could fit some of it in the next chapter. O: I think I have found some inspirtation! Well I'm off going to write some ideas down! Thanks for reading. I love you all. c: <3

Btw fan, like my chapters or comment? Please?????