Once it's Gone You'll Miss it Terribly

A/N: Okay so whenever you see I only have until 4 to hangout then I can hangout after 7:30 words in this chapter it means that there are going to be flashbacks from passed events.

Hayden's POV-

I sat in the horrendously uncomfortable hospital bed as my mind kept replaying what has all happened to me throughout the day. The question 'What worse could happened?' crossed my mind multiple times. 'Nothing.' I thought. 'Nothing worse could happen because right now the situation I'm in has got to be one of the worst.' My injured head throbbed painfully as I waited impatiently for Dr. Kess to arrive with Rogue.

'I should have paid more attention!' I scolded myself, thinking back to the moment where I nearly died. I put slight pressure upon my broken knee and lightly rubbed it to ease some of the pain. 'I can't stand being near hospitals let alone be a patient in one.' I thought frantically. I have only ever been into a hospital twice in my entire life (not including this time of course) and that was when my mother and Rogue's father passed away. That day still crosses my mind every once in a while. It was a painful day for both of us. We were told that our parents died during surgery after the car accident when we were both the ages of 9 years old. Supposedly the day of the car accident my father and Rogue's mother were sneaking into a hotel room. I know this because Rogue's mom found a recite for a hotel room not that far from either of our houses. Rogue's mom didn't just find one recite either. She actually found twenty more. My mom and Rogue's father were having an affair for about two years before we all found out. Seriously, no one would have ever guessed they were having a secret relationship because they hid it so well. My mother was the only woman I ever looked up too when I was young and to know that she died and completely ruined my father infuriated me. How could she have just left us like that and leave my dad without at explanation?

I remember the exact words the doctor told my dad and me after my mother's surgery. "We tried our best to help your wife during the surgery." He paused and looked at me with sympathetic eyes as he took in a deep breath before continuing what he was saying. "Your mother," he said directly to me and then turned his head directly towards my dad, "And your wife passed away during the surgery. She lost too much blood and there was extreme brain trauma. I'm sorry for your loss." And with that the doctor smiled sadly once again in my direction and then walked away leaving me to collapse into the arms of my fathers. Tears streamed down my face uncontrollably as I firmly clenched my father's shirt and pressed my face into his chest. He held onto me tightly, trying his best to whisper comforting words, but they didn't work. My body started to shake from all of the sobbing. I couldn't control my bodies' actions anymore. I then started to pound my tiny fists against my father's chest in frustration and sadness. "Why did she just leave us like that?!" I screamed. My dad stood perfectly still, letting me hit him a few more times to get out all of my emotions.

After my mini temper tantrum I looked up into the eyes of my dad's. I was shocked with the overwhelming feelings of complete and utter sadness. My father's eyes were filled with tears and I was only thinking of myself. He lost the only woman he has ever loved and adored. 'How could I be so selfish?' I thought bitterly. I then wrapped my tiny arms around my dad as tightly as I could. Surprise flashed across his face but quickly disappeared and held me closely. Both of us cried to each other's arms."

I was brought back into reality when I heard quiet murmurs come from outside of the hospital door. I looked out the window and saw Rogue, Roma (the girl who saved me) and some cute guy with them. I smiled when I saw concern and worry in Rogue's. She's always worrying and taking care of me. It's kind of comforting to know someone could show so much adoration for me. I smiled warmly, but it only lasted a few seconds because pain shot throughout my body again.