Chapter 25 Heartbroken

“Sven, do you know what time it is? You should be glad that my parents aren’t here.” Noah says while rubbing his eyes.

“Sorry. When are they coming?”

“Tomorrow morning.”

“Okay. Can I come in?” I ask.

“Even if you’re not my brother you still live here. You don’t need to ask for permission.”

I smile weakly and walk in. “Is Julian here?”

“He went to see how Grayson is doing.”

“Oh…”

We head up the stairs and Noah follows me into my room. I take out my duffle bag and I start throwing my clothes in it.

“Where are you thinking of going?” Noah asks.

“I don’t know. I’ve been everywhere. Maybe I’ll go to Europe.”

“So you’re just going to leave everyone?”

“…”

“You’re acting like a complete douchebag. I’m actually disappointed. When you first came here you took care of me. I actually thought you cared but I guess I was wrong.”

“Noah-“

“Save it. I hope to see you soon but how you are now; I doubt that will happen. You’ll probably avoid this place and the people as much as possible.” He leaves my room.

I lay on my bed and I look up at the ceiling.

What are you doing Sven? Why are you running away again?

I don’t want to run away. I’m not running. I’m just going to clear my head for a few decades. God I am a jerk.

Why is my life so fucked up? Why do I fuck up my life?

I’ve lived too long. If I’m not immortal anymore then maybe I should take my life.

“Shut up Sven, you’re not thinking right. Ugh you’re even talking in third person.” I place my arm on my eyes.

When was the last time I slept a good eight hours? I’m just so damn tired…

~

“I thought you left already.”  I open my eyes to see Noah really close to my face.

I look out the window and see the sun out. I actually fell asleep…

“Parents are home. Will you tell them or will I?” He asks.

“I’ll tell them.”

I get up and finish packing. Noah is glaring at me from my bed. He’s mad.

“If you’re just going to glare at me you can leave.” He doesn’t say anything and leaves my room.

“Mom! Dad! Sven is leaving!” He yells.

This boy!

Two what’s and a few seconds later; my ‘parents’ come into my room looking furious.

“What is this about you leaving? You better explain yourself.” ‘Mom’ talks loudly.

“And you’re already packed, were you thinking of leaving and not saying anything to us?” ‘Dad’ adds.

“Of course I was going to tell you two but I didn’t get the chance.”

“Well now you do. Start talking.”