Chapter 23 Happiness doesn't last

Chapter 23 Happiness doesn’t last

A few months passed and everything seemed to be right in this world. Grayson makes sure I feed constantly. That’s alright with me but I don’t think Grayson is too keen on watching me drink from humans. I tell him he doesn’t need to stay but he never listens to me.

“Come on guys! I need to buy clothes before they’re all gone.” Lora tells us. Ellie and Lora dragged us out the pack house to carry bags for them.

I also found out that Grayson’s father isn’t the alpha anymore. Grayson isn’t the head alpha because he gave that position to Ellie. When? I have no idea but he did. He still helps out since he is an alpha.

“We’re right behind you.” Grayson tells them as he holds my hand.

“Let’s go get ice cream.” He whispers in my ear.

I smile, “sure but once the girls realize we’re not with them, they’re going to be pissed.”

“We’ll get them ice cream when we get back.” He shrugs.

~

“Why did you pick that flavor? You’ve not going to finish your ice cream.” I tell him.

“How would you know? I’ll probably end up loving this flavor.”

“You hate pistachios so you’ll hate pistachio ice cream.”

“I’m going to eat it.”

“Okay, eat it.”

“I’m eating it.”

I nod, “go ahead; eat.”

He swallows hard and brings the ice cream cone to his mouth. He licks the top and his face goes green.

“Wanna swit-“

“No, you wanted that flavor so you eat it.”

“But Sven!” He whines.

I take a bite of his ice cream then I kiss him.

“Still hate the taste but I could get used to that.” He licks his lips. Grayson suddenly cringes and holds his head.

“What’s wrong?”

“They finally noticed us gone.”

I try to keep in my laughter.

“Don’t laugh at me!”

“I’m not but it was your idea to get ice cream.”

“Yeah, yeah, let’s get them their ice cream and leave. I can’t stand them screaming in my head.”

“I’m glad I’m not linked.”

Don’t think you’re off the hook, Sven!!

Oh great.

Once we get back they’re waiting outside in the parking lot looking pissed and with bags occupying their arms and hands.

“What the hell is your problem, Grayson? You disappoint me brother.” She hands Grayson all her bags.

“We’ve got you ice cream… if that helps…”

She takes the ice cream and gives Ellie hers. “You still disappoint me but I’ll accept the ice cream.” She heads off to the car.

Right when Grayson sighs she pauses and turns her head to look back at Grayson. “Try harder, brother.”

“Good luck Grayson, you’re gonna need it.” Ellie catches up to Lora.