155. Palisia Broadcasting Station

Start from the beginning

Our group of four made our way to the elevator which was located in the lobby and rode it up to the third floor. Once we arrived, I followed after the others as we walked towards the unknown destination. After walking down the hallway and being exposed to some of the office areas, we finally made it to what appeared to be a resting room. The doors to the place were opened by Irina's father, exposing the rows of seats facing mirrors where celebrities had their makeup done while taking a breather. The room appeared to be packed as people prepared for the filming. Among those people that were sitting on the fashionable and yet comfortable chairs facing the mirrors, I saw the regulars of the variety show in addition to some other celebrities that I guess will also be guests for the filming session tonight. To be honest, I was quite excited to see so many celebrities in one place, and I believe some of it must've shown on my face as Irina chuckled when she saw my face.

"We'll have to go talk to the director real quick," Irina whispered to me. "You wanna go with us?"

"Sure," I responded as I glanced around cautiously. "It's not like I know anyone around here or feel comfortable being alone here. If I was alone, they would probably kick me out."

"I guess you have a point," Irina laughed. She appeared to be less... nervous than before and was acting in a more energetic manner. I guess she had entered her work status and had switched to her celebrity Irina persona.

As we made our way over to where the director was, Irina smiled and greeted whoever she saw was in her way. These people that she greeted, many of which were huge stars in Vilheim. The regular MC roster was already pretty impressive with the many award-winning actors and comedians, but I gotta say, the guest celebrity roster was equally as impressive. All the guest celebrities were people who are extremely popular, and in the guest celebrity list was also Henvle Ir Westfalan, the one of the two hottest young celebrity in Vilheim at the moment along with Irina. I've seen the young man who was a year older than me on television before on many shows, and I have to say, his appearance was even better in person than on screen.

"Irina," a middle-aged man who was looking over what appeared to be the rules and game plans for the filming session looked up when he was notified of Irina's appearance. "Nice to see you. You ready?"

"Almost," Irina smiled and responded. "I still need makeup applied."

"Even though you wouldn't need it," the vice director, a woman in her thirties chuckled.

"You're exaggerating," Irina politely responded.

"Oh!" the director suddenly got up from his seat. "I almost forgot. The memo sent to you, it was actually incorrect."

"Huh?" Irina tilted her head slightly as she looked over at the director with a look of confusion on her face.

"It's in regards to the filming," the director explained. "Instead of it all being filmed and edited to be broadcasted on Christmas Day, it will be live-streamed as we film."

"Livestreamed?" Irina appeared quite surprised.

"Right," the director nodded. "Therefore, better be careful of your actions and language as there's no such thing as editing it out."

"I don't think Irina needs to be told that," the vice director added.

"I know," the director nodded.

"Live-streamed huh?" Irina's father nodded his head. "It wasn't necessarily on the contract..."

"I know," the director sighed. "There will be extra compensation with this."

"Irina," her father looked over towards her. "If you don't want to do it we can just leave right now."

"We're also legally not obligated to pay any fees for not fulfilling the contract as live streaming is not on the contract," her assistant whispered to her.

"..." Irina paused momentarily and thought over the suggestion. Then, she looked up and smiled. "I think I'll do it. It's not like we're being cheated of payment or anything."

"That's great!" the director exclaimed. "I guess that will mean we will have to sign a new contract."

"How about this," Irina's father looked over at Irina. "You can go eat with your friend while I negotiate the contract over with the director."

"That's fine," Irina nodded and smiled. "I trust you, father."

"Irina..." Irina's father appeared to have some tears forming in his eyes. I immediately could tell that it was out of guilt for what he had done in the past. If it's him now, then there's really no worries as I could only sense a fatherly love towards Irina from the man. There will be no way that he sell her off for money ever again. I can say with a hundred percent certainty that the person that almost sold his daughter is dead and before me is a model father.

"Let's go then, Alevian," Irina smiled and gestured towards me.

"I'll stay behind for now then," Irina's assistant said to her employer. "I'll buy your father some food from the cafe downstairs so  no need to worry."

"Thank you, Sara," Irina smiled.

Then, the two of us started at the exit to the dressing room. Just as we were about to leave, a voice called Irina's name, halting her. I stopped as well since Irina was the one that was leading the way for me, and since she turned around to look out the source of the voice, I did so too.

"Irina," Henvle smiled warmly as he approached us. "Are you heading out for dinner? You wanna go with the rest of us?" Henvle looked over his shoulder and at the small group of celebrities who had finished applying their makeup that had gathered themselves and was preparing to leave for dinner as well.

"I'm with a friend," Irina smiled politely. "I don't think it would be fitting to the mood to the others if I bring him along..."

"It's fine," Henvle smiled and looked over at me in a friendly manner. "If he's Irina's friend then he's my friend as well. Let's go eat together."

"I was originally thinking of a quick meal," Irina answered once again. "I haven't even had makeup applied yet. I don't want to have the whole crew waiting for me."

"Don't worry," Henvle responded in a genuine manner that I can sense no real ulterior motive from. "You're pretty already without applying all that makeup. For you, applying makeup will simply take a few minutes."

"If you say so..." Irina then looked over at me in order to seek my opinion.

Seeing that she was in a pretty difficult position, I decided that sacrificing my interest for a bit really wasn't that big of a deal. Therefore, with a soft nod of my head, I agreed to it.

Author's Note:

Henvle's information is posted in the Characters (Mortal) chapter so please check it out. Also, please vote and comment. Thank you!!!

Oh and I am notified that there's a 200 chapter limit per book on Wattpad. Therefore, I've decided that I will simply start a second book but that continue with the chapter right after the chapter that reaches the 200 chapter limit if that makes sense.