Painful truth (high school au)

*rolls up sleeves and takes a deep breath* TIME TO TRY TO WRITE!

Tom sighed it hurt. He could tell he and Tord were drifting apart. He didn't even want to see his best friends face, because it hurt so bad. He knew he wasn't an easy person to be friends with. Tom knew he was an emotional shit storm, but was it too much to ask for to have a friend? was it too much to ask for to be cared about? To be someones special person?

He got out of bed and felt like he had been run over by an emotional train. Maybe he wouldn't be friends with Tord anymore? He wasn't sure. He got dressesed in his usual blue hoodie and dark jeans. grabbing his back pack and brushing his teeth he headed out. he didn't bother to each break fast or grab his lunch he had packed the day before because nothing mattered right now. He needed to see Tord he needed to talk to him.

When he got to school he headed down to the cafiteria where his friends would hangout before school started. Edd, Matt, and Tord sat at their normal table in their normal spots, but something was diffrent. It was the looks on their faces. Instead of their normal smiles they looked sad, disapointed. Tom sat next to edd and across from Tord, turning their little triangle into a square. edd gave tom a sympathetic smile then tord with a anxous look looked tom in the eyes and begain to speak

"Thomas... Look... I can't be spending as much time as I have been with you. High school is new to me! I want to meet new people see new things experience life! This doesn't mean I wont be your friend anymore I just need to have some space." he reached out to hold the brits hands but tom flinched away trying to hold back tears.

"He's still your friend and still cares about you he just needs space!" edd joined the conversation with a small smile trying to make the situation a little better. Nothing would make this better. One day Tord and he were walking down the halls holding hands, singing together, hugging, possiblly even close to being boyfriends!

"I'm still going to homecoming with you I just need some space in the mean time" The blue hooded boy had forgotten about that. He had asked Tord to home coming the week before. Not as a date but as a friend. The four of them were going to go together with matching outfits of diffrent color.

Tom sighed "I understand" but he didn't he didnt know what he had done wrong! where he had messed up so badly that tord didnt want to spend time with him! he thought that their feelings had been the same for eachother!

Tord gave tom a sad smile and the bell rung. they each went their diffrent ways each having very diffrent thoughts.  tom wished he could skip classes but didn't want to be in trouble. He headed to his stupid cuilinary classes were the people in his group spent the time making mental health jokes today just turned out to be shit.

the whole week tom sat alone at lunch really not sure what to do. none of his friends would talk to him. edd and matt sat with tord a lunch leaving him alone even though he asked edd and matt to sit with him in the mornings the would abandon him come lunch time 'so much for them being my friends'

Okay so this is kinda a vent story because this literally happened to me the other week. I know where part 2 is going but part three well my friend who was the tord to my tom is yet to interact with me so we'll see. this will be a three part story so hopefully this wont all go down in flames. plan on taking it to the week after home coming. so this is before. next chapter will be the week of and the chapter after this will be the after math. home coming for me is 2 days away and im probably not going to go. we'll see what tom does what his friends do and how badly this will end.

word count: 730

that's better than I've done in a long time guys! potatowoot!