Highschool Au (part1)

(There's so many cute high school Au's out there I just had to write my own. I'm moving to a new high school so this will probably end up being very relatible for me.)

Tom pov.

It was the first day of my sophomore year. What was the problem with this? I had moved over the summer. I lost all my friends and now had to go to a school in a country I barley knew the language to! Why did my mom have to take this job! Okay fine I knew why, we barley had enough money to get by between my dad not working and drinking all the time and my mom having to pay for my grandmothers nursing home. This job would pay twice what she was making, but that didn't make going to school any easier for me.

I had spent my summer trying to learn Norwegian my friend Edd and I would skype as he also learned to help me practice. He was the kind of friend who would do anything for me. I really miss him, but that wont change the distance.

When I got to the bus stop there was a small group of students waiting. I sigh and listen to the group talk staying a few feet away from everyone. I understand some of what their saying but not much. A male with a red hoodie walked up behind me coming the same way I had. I turn to him his hair looked like... horns?

"Well fuck he's sexy" I mutter to myself watching him. Someone bumps into me as I was watching him and I fall into him. I turn as red as his hoodie not exactly sure what to say it didn't help that he probably only knew Norwegian and I knew so little.

"It looks like you've fallen for me" He said. O.o he knows English!! I became even more flustered once I got over the fact that he knew English and realized what he had said. I got off him not sure why I hadn't done so before and at this point everyone was watching us. Oh god but his voice was beautiful!!

"I-I'm sorry" I look down at the ground too afraid to make eye contact and hear the bus pulling up behind me. Everyone shuffles on seats filling up quickly and the bus getting very loud very fast.

"Hey, don't be. I'm Tord by the way. You must be the new kid" How'd he know I'm new if its the first day of school? How did he know I speak English? "In a small town like this news gets around quickly, and we're kinda neighbors" we get onto the bus and he sits next to me.

He explains to me about different kids on the bus, who to stay away from, who's okay. He seems to know so much about everyone, but hasn't told me about himself. What about you? where do you fit in?" He seems a bit surprised that I asked about him.

The rest of the ride to school which was only about 5 minutes we talk about him. apparently he's being going to school with the same people for the past 10 years and they've deemed him the one that no one wants to be friends with. Well with back eyes like mine I don't think anyone will want to be my friend either so we'll get along just fine!

We get to school and he shows me where different class rooms are for our grade. Apparently since there's only 60 of us in 10th grade there's only two schedules and we have the same classes at the same time! Ah this was gonna make things a lot easier.

Then I saw him... Why of all people did he have to be here! My bully from my last school had some how ended up here! He spots me as I'm walking with Tord down a hall and comes up behind us slamming me against a near by wall. "Ha! look who it is! no eyes"

I can't get away I know this. I don't fight back I'm used to it why should I even try to stop it? It won't change anything. But unlike the usual where I would be getting the shit beat out of me He's pulled off me? What? Tord's saving me! I was in too much shock to realize what Tord was saying but later found out that Tord was telling him he would shot him in the face if he didn't back off.

At my old school my friends Edd and Matt couldn't do anything to help me. for once having someone who could? It was amazing! I thanked him just as the bell rang and we made our way into class. Maybe this wasn't going to be as bad as I thought it would!