With prosenpoetry

CoffeeCommunity: We are here today with prosenpoetry, the author of the insightful short story "A sore winner" and many other stories and poems. Her story can be found here.

Thank you for taking your time and let's jump right into it.

How did you start writing? When did you decide to actually write and publish it?

prosenpoetry: I love to make up stories since I was a toddler. I don't know when I first wrote something, but if it is poetry, I began to write them since I was 6th grade. It was purely from the inspiration of British poets. I decided that I want to publish some of my poems since last September. That is also when I joined Wattpad since I saw this app as an opportunity to showcase what I can actually do.

Impressive that you would start writing so early. You said you took inspiration from British poets. Who would you say had the greatest impact on you?

It would be hard to decide, but I think Elizabeth Barett Browning. I also ever read her biography. I thought that she was interesting. And actually, my first poems focus primarily on nature.

What do you think is the strength of writing poems or short stories as compared to writing a full length novel?

I tend to get impatient in writing novels. I prefer poetry and short stories because they are short, and they can be in a few words. For years, I have been attempting to write a novel, but I always abandon them because I got bored.

So, did you have a specific inspiration for writing "a sore winner"?

Yes, I based Victoria Peyton on my very own personality. I always want to win, and when things don't go my way, I get angry and possibly cry.

Do you have a certain scene or moment in that story that you like most?

The last scene when Victoria began to change in personality.

Do you publish your work on any other plattform other than Wattpad?

Yes, I also sometimes write stories in StoryJumper. However, the stories I write in this platform are mainly for children.

Is there anything in particular that you love about Wattpad?

The thing I love about Wattpad the most is clubs and contests. They pump up my spirit to write and compete.

Great to hear you enjoy the engaging side of Wattpad. Thank you again for talking to us.

Dec. 2016 Interview