With AJ

#WitchcraftWednesday by bigfivedonaldduckfan

Hello, AJ! Thank you for taking the time to get involved with Coffee Community

Hello, AJ! Thank you for taking the time to get involved with Coffee Community. We're excited to have you here once again after the Watt-A-Decade interview. 

So, to begin with, tell us a little bit about yourself as an author on Wattpad. For anyone who hasn't met you before, how would you describe yourself and your fiction?

I'd describe myself as a slightly bizarre person with a sense of humour a lot of people seem to enjoy for some reason, and that kind of seeps into my fiction. My stories tend to be somewhat dark and usually involve supernatural elements, (morally grey) characters I torture a tad too much, a couple twists and mysteries on the side, and little things you probably shouldn't laugh about, but you'll find yourself doing so anyway. Essentially, I want my stories to make you go 'what is this madness?' in the best way possible. And that's also the kind of question my friends have been flinging at my person for years, so I guess it checks out :p

I've tried my hands at quite a few genres and different types of stories over the years and only intend to expand that track record. But most of what I've done so far has been horror, fantasy or a weird little cocktail influenced by these genres. From haunted prisons and castles to cursed swamps and zombie-infested high fantasy worlds, I've done it. I've been having a lot of fun with that small chaotic collection!

When did you start writing and what does writing mean to you?

I've been writing silly little stories for as long as I can remember, but I started writing 'seriously' when I stumbled across Wattpad way back in 2014 and decided to start writing fanfiction. I was, well, twelve at the time, so naturally, the work sucked. But I really enjoyed writing and stuck with it, improving my craft as I got older and eventually turning to original fiction. I've learnt a lot since those early times and continue to gain more experience every day!

So writing has been a pretty important aspect of my life for almost a decade now. I honestly can't imagine living my life and NOT writing. Sometimes when I'm stuck on a chapter or scene, I get frustrated and contemplate quitting, but I don't think I'd ever actually be able to. In the end, I love putting the stories in my head down on paper and sharing them with other people, and I wouldn't give the happiness I get out of that up for the world!