With Kristen___

Welcome to our spring interview for March 2016 with Kristen___. She wrote a very interesting story about the loss of a true friendship and the hope that the person can move on.

Her story's link can be found here.

1. As you finished writing "She's gone and I'm Lost", was there anything that surprised you?

To answer the question simply, yes. I try to have a basis for the plot of each story I write, but SGAIL was the first time that I didn't know how I wanted it to end. My heart was saying happy ending, but I knew that I wanted this book to strike deep when it came to emotion. I wanted the feelings to be raw and realistic and that is why I was surprised that the story ended the way it did.

2. How did you pick the names of the characters in your book? Were they picked at random or did they provide any meaning for you?

Most of the character names in this book didn't hold any particular meaning, although I do try to find names that I think suit the character's personality.

3. Towards the end of your short story, you used two interesting poems: one from Edgar Allan Poe called "Annabel Lee" and "Mirror" from Sylvia Plath. Was there any particular reason why you picked these poets for that chapter?

Both of the poems hold value to the story in some way. "Annabel Lee" evokes strong emotions towards losing someone that you love, which was part of what Danika was going through. "Mirror" not only has a powerful message, but also the poet, Sylvia Plath, suffered through depression which is a key concept throughout the plot of SGAIL.

4. Do you have any suggestions to help others become a better writer? If so, what are they?

In my experience and opinion, the best way to become a better writer is to be your own person. I know, it sounds cliché. But it's true. I've tried to write about things that I think will interest other people, but I ended up getting bored and rushed through the plot. Once I learned how to pick topics that I thought were important, as well as in my interest, I could fully write a story without doubts.

5. What do you like best about writing on the Wattpad site?

My favorite thing about writing on Wattpad is the interaction. I love how users can vote and comment on my story, and vice versa. When you read a paper copy, you don't have the opportunity to connect with the author or your fellow readers. Wattpad allows you to do both of those, which is truly a beautiful thing.

She would also like to make a shout-out to cgmanatee03 and MattUnknown.

And thank you again, Kristen, for taking your time to tell us about your book we featured.

~~ The Coffee Community

March 2016 interview